Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,443 Members 39,368 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Verizon s3 4.4 questions

Tip us?

ng4
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Verizon s3 4.4 questions

Hello XDA this is my first post,

I currently own a rooted verizon s3 on 4.3 (SCH-I535) and my device is trying to force me to update (it asks me if I want to update, I say no and it just updates and I have to force close the app but then it just opens again and starts updating). Does taking the 4.4 update remove my root access? If it does, do any of you know any s3 4.4 roots and bootloader unlocks (this was a recent update so it probably isn't likely?

Thanks!

landshark68
Old
Thanks Meter 503
Quote:
Originally Posted by ng4 View Post
Hello XDA this is my first post,

I currently own a rooted verizon s3 on 4.3 (SCH-I535) and my device is trying to force me to update (it asks me if I want to update, I say no and it just updates and I have to force close the app but then it just opens again and starts updating). Does taking the 4.4 update remove my root access? If it does, do any of you know any s3 4.4 roots and bootloader unlocks (this was a recent update so it probably isn't likely?

Thanks!
It's not 4.4, it's another version of 4.3 (VRUCNC1.) There are currently no root methods that work on it. If you want to stay rooted, the easiest way is to not continue to not take the update. You can use titanium backup to navigate to system/apps and freeze the apps SDM1.0 and FWUpgrade to stop the update notifications. Or if you have the premium version of SuperSU installed, you can use the root saver or root keeper (whatever it is called) option in it to take the update and keep root.
Shouldn't we treat this world like the garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus.......sometimes the circus comes to you
The Following User Says Thank You to landshark68 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ng4
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark68 View Post
It's not 4.4, it's another version of 4.3 (VRUCNC1.) There are currently no root methods that work on it. If you want to stay rooted, the easiest way is to not continue to not take the update. You can use titanium backup to navigate to system/apps and freeze the apps SDM1.0 and FWUpgrade to stop the update notifications. Or if you have the premium version of SuperSU installed, you can use the root saver or root keeper (whatever it is called) option in it to take the update and keep root.

Thanks will do.