Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Goo Manager deleted TWRP instead of updating, how do I reinstall it?

OP Axe Homeless

14th May 2014, 12:01 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
Two short questions: (thanks btw for everything, I love you guys)

How do I install a recovery again? I tried to update to TWRP 2.6.3.3 via Goo manager and it just deleted the old one but nothing else, so now I can't go into recovery. How do I install it again, it's possible to do it without installing android from scratch again, I just can't remember.

Thank you

ps. is there a Kitkat Rom that works properly, without black boxes and obvious problems?
14th May 2014, 12:38 PM   |  #2  
Flag Brighton
Thanks Meter: 456

1,315 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe Homeless

Two short questions: (thanks btw for everything, I love you guys)

How do I install a recovery again? I tried to update to TWRP 2.6.3.3 via Goo manager and it just deleted the old one but nothing else, so now I can't go into recovery. How do I install it again, it's possible to do it without installing android from scratch again, I just can't remember.

Thank you

ps. is there a Kitkat Rom that works properly, without black boxes and obvious problems?

You should be able to copy and paste the ulmage of a recovery into your boot folder using a file manager that has root privileges, Rom Toolbox lite should work if your current one doesn't.
Milaq's KK is working flawlessly. If you are not on data/media yet you will need to do a completely new install and resize your partitions with the standard CMW and then upgrade to Jcsullin's new data/media .
14th May 2014, 01:20 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstar

You should be able to copy and paste the ulmage of a recovery into your boot folder using a file manager that has root privileges, Rom Toolbox lite should work if your current one doesn't.
Milaq's KK is working flawlessly. If you are not on data/media yet you will need to do a completely new install and resize your partitions with the standard CMW and then upgrade to Jcsullin's new data/media .

So that's the one with the 3.0 kernel, not 3.4?
Thank you so much, I'll try that right now, is ART working (well)?

I already data/media-ed my devices, so that shouldn't be a problem, thanks
Last edited by Axe Homeless; 14th May 2014 at 01:23 PM.
14th May 2014, 01:38 PM   |  #4  
Flag Brighton
Thanks Meter: 456

1,315 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe Homeless

So that's the one with the 3.0 kernel, not 3.4?
Thank you so much, I'll try that right now, is ART working (well)?

I already data/media-ed my devices, so that shouldn't be a problem, thanks

Yes it is the 3.0 kernel and this is the recovery I use http://goo.im/devs/jcsullins/cmtouch...n-20140317.zip
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
goomanager, recovery, twrp
Previous Thread Next Thread