Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,964 Members 51,504 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Goo Manager deleted TWRP instead of updating, how do I reinstall it?

Tip us?

Axe Homeless
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Goo Manager deleted TWRP instead of updating, how do I reinstall it?

Two short questions: (thanks btw for everything, I love you guys)

How do I install a recovery again? I tried to update to TWRP 2.6.3.3 via Goo manager and it just deleted the old one but nothing else, so now I can't go into recovery. How do I install it again, it's possible to do it without installing android from scratch again, I just can't remember.

Thank you

ps. is there a Kitkat Rom that works properly, without black boxes and obvious problems?

sstar
Old
Thanks Meter 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe Homeless View Post
Two short questions: (thanks btw for everything, I love you guys)

How do I install a recovery again? I tried to update to TWRP 2.6.3.3 via Goo manager and it just deleted the old one but nothing else, so now I can't go into recovery. How do I install it again, it's possible to do it without installing android from scratch again, I just can't remember.

Thank you

ps. is there a Kitkat Rom that works properly, without black boxes and obvious problems?
You should be able to copy and paste the ulmage of a recovery into your boot folder using a file manager that has root privileges, Rom Toolbox lite should work if your current one doesn't.
Milaq's KK is working flawlessly. If you are not on data/media yet you will need to do a completely new install and resize your partitions with the standard CMW and then upgrade to Jcsullin's new data/media .

Axe Homeless
Old
(Last edited by Axe Homeless; 14th May 2014 at 12:23 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstar View Post
You should be able to copy and paste the ulmage of a recovery into your boot folder using a file manager that has root privileges, Rom Toolbox lite should work if your current one doesn't.
Milaq's KK is working flawlessly. If you are not on data/media yet you will need to do a completely new install and resize your partitions with the standard CMW and then upgrade to Jcsullin's new data/media .
So that's the one with the 3.0 kernel, not 3.4?
Thank you so much, I'll try that right now, is ART working (well)?

I already data/media-ed my devices, so that shouldn't be a problem, thanks

sstar
Old
Thanks Meter 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe Homeless View Post
So that's the one with the 3.0 kernel, not 3.4?
Thank you so much, I'll try that right now, is ART working (well)?

I already data/media-ed my devices, so that shouldn't be a problem, thanks
Yes it is the 3.0 kernel and this is the recovery I use http://goo.im/devs/jcsullins/cmtouch...n-20140317.zip
Tags
goomanager, recovery, twrp