10.1V stuck on splash screen

10th May 2014, 07:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
More
Hi there,
Yesterday, i charged and booted my GT-P7100 for the first time since a very long while. Everything seemed to be working, except that i got a warning that my storage was running low (even though i am sure there is more than 10gb left / i got this message twice). I put the thing away with about 90% of the battery still full, but when i woke up again, it was completely dead.

I put it on a charger and got no charging screen, etc. After a few hours, i managed to get it to start booting, but it clearly got stuck in a bootloop. I could still get into downloading mode, so i used odin to flash the stock images, but this doesn't seem to have helped at all.

Right now, i have my tab getting stuck on the splash screen (but being recognized by adb) when i boot it up the normal way. I can still reach downloading mode, but my computer does not seem to recognize it when using fastboot (otherwise, i would be able to boot a clockworkmod image).

Is there anybody who knows how to fix this or who is willing to help me find out?

Thanks in advance!
Jeroen
11th May 2014, 12:25 PM   |  #2  
Flag Belgium
Thanks Meter: 135

468 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeroenVH

Hi there,
Yesterday, i charged and booted my GT-P7100 for the first time since a very long while. Everything seemed to be working, except that i got a warning that my storage was running low (even though i am sure there is more than 10gb left / i got this message twice). I put the thing away with about 90% of the battery still full, but when i woke up again, it was completely dead.

I put it on a charger and got no charging screen, etc. After a few hours, i managed to get it to start booting, but it clearly got stuck in a bootloop. I could still get into downloading mode, so i used odin to flash the stock images, but this doesn't seem to have helped at all.

Right now, i have my tab getting stuck on the splash screen (but being recognized by adb) when i boot it up the normal way. I can still reach downloading mode, but my computer does not seem to recognize it when using fastboot (otherwise, i would be able to boot a clockworkmod image).

Is there anybody who knows how to fix this or who is willing to help me find out?

Thanks in advance!
Jeroen

Are you sure you have the right stock ROM from sammobile.com for the 10.1v?

If you can get into dl mode, a revert to stock should usually do the trick... It's weird that it wont work. Or when you boot it up, wait a little longer, the first boot takes sometimes a while...
11th May 2014, 12:44 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

17 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQoN_BE

Are you sure you have the right stock ROM from sammobile.com for the 10.1v?

If you can get into dl mode, a revert to stock should usually do the trick... It's weird that it wont work. Or when you boot it up, wait a little longer, the first boot takes sometimes a while...

I couldn't even get any rom from sammobile.com, since they are all marked as unavailable when i try to download them... So in the end i found one file containing the 3 .tar.md5's, but i'm not sure if it's the right set. I let it try for about 3 hours this night, so i don't think it will get through another time.

Do you think there is any way i could get the stock files even if sammobile doesn't have them?
11th May 2014, 01:20 PM   |  #4  
Flag Belgium

468 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I couldn't even get any rom from sammobile.com, since they are all marked as unavailable when i try to download them... So in the end i found one file containing the 3 .tar.md5's, but i'm not sure if it's the right set. I let it try for about 3 hours this night, so i don't think it will get through another time.

Do you think there is any way i could get the stock files even if sammobile doesn't have them?

What do you mean with marked as unavailable? You can download them from sammobile at any time. If you're looking for mirrors, try to paste the ROM name in google and see if you can find mirrors for downloading it. If a samsung ROM is not on sammobile, it doesn't excist
11th May 2014, 01:46 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

17 posts
More
Quote:

What do you mean with marked as unavailable? You can download them from sammobile at any time. If you're looking for mirrors, try to paste the ROM name in google and see if you can find mirrors for downloading it. If a samsung ROM is not on sammobile, it doesn't excist

I get this error: "Error ID: 2F - File not found!". It also says something about sending an e-mail to them to request the file, which i have done, but i haven't received an answer yet.

Mirrors seem to be very, very rare, as most people seemed to depend on the one at multiupload.com (which is now unavailable of course) :/
11th May 2014, 04:40 PM   |  #6  
Flag Belgium

468 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I get this error: "Error ID: 2F - File not found!". It also says something about sending an e-mail to them to request the file, which i have done, but i haven't received an answer yet.

Mirrors seem to be very, very rare, as most people seemed to depend on the one at multiupload.com (which is now unavailable of course) :/

You can ask someone who has the stock ROM on it's pc, and upload it so you can get it, maybe you can make a request topic, or wait until you have an answer on your mail
14th May 2014, 01:38 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

17 posts
More
Quote:

You can ask someone who has the stock ROM on it's pc, and upload it so you can get it, maybe you can make a request topic, or wait until you have an answer on your mail

I think i'll wait until i get a response from sammobile... However, i would still like to try to use fastboot to get it to boot to clockworkmod... Sadly, my computer doesn't recognize it with fastboot

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread