Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,872 Members 53,261 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

10.1V stuck on splash screen

Tip us?

JeroenVH
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default 10.1V stuck on splash screen

Hi there,
Yesterday, i charged and booted my GT-P7100 for the first time since a very long while. Everything seemed to be working, except that i got a warning that my storage was running low (even though i am sure there is more than 10gb left / i got this message twice). I put the thing away with about 90% of the battery still full, but when i woke up again, it was completely dead.

I put it on a charger and got no charging screen, etc. After a few hours, i managed to get it to start booting, but it clearly got stuck in a bootloop. I could still get into downloading mode, so i used odin to flash the stock images, but this doesn't seem to have helped at all.

Right now, i have my tab getting stuck on the splash screen (but being recognized by adb) when i boot it up the normal way. I can still reach downloading mode, but my computer does not seem to recognize it when using fastboot (otherwise, i would be able to boot a clockworkmod image).

Is there anybody who knows how to fix this or who is willing to help me find out?

Thanks in advance!
Jeroen

DefQoN_BE
Old
Thanks Meter 134

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeroenVH View Post
Hi there,
Yesterday, i charged and booted my GT-P7100 for the first time since a very long while. Everything seemed to be working, except that i got a warning that my storage was running low (even though i am sure there is more than 10gb left / i got this message twice). I put the thing away with about 90% of the battery still full, but when i woke up again, it was completely dead.

I put it on a charger and got no charging screen, etc. After a few hours, i managed to get it to start booting, but it clearly got stuck in a bootloop. I could still get into downloading mode, so i used odin to flash the stock images, but this doesn't seem to have helped at all.

Right now, i have my tab getting stuck on the splash screen (but being recognized by adb) when i boot it up the normal way. I can still reach downloading mode, but my computer does not seem to recognize it when using fastboot (otherwise, i would be able to boot a clockworkmod image).

Is there anybody who knows how to fix this or who is willing to help me find out?

Thanks in advance!
Jeroen
Are you sure you have the right stock ROM from sammobile.com for the 10.1v?

If you can get into dl mode, a revert to stock should usually do the trick... It's weird that it wont work. Or when you boot it up, wait a little longer, the first boot takes sometimes a while...
Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1 -- PAC-ROM -- Android 4.3 -- Oc'ed 1400 Mhz

Asus Transformer tf300T -- ParanoidAndroid -- Android 4.3 -- Oc'ed 1600 Mhz

Lovely Nokia Lumia 800 -- stock Windows Phone -- WP 7.8 Mango -- 1400 Mhz stock

JeroenVH
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQoN_BE View Post
Are you sure you have the right stock ROM from sammobile.com for the 10.1v?

If you can get into dl mode, a revert to stock should usually do the trick... It's weird that it wont work. Or when you boot it up, wait a little longer, the first boot takes sometimes a while...
I couldn't even get any rom from sammobile.com, since they are all marked as unavailable when i try to download them... So in the end i found one file containing the 3 .tar.md5's, but i'm not sure if it's the right set. I let it try for about 3 hours this night, so i don't think it will get through another time.

Do you think there is any way i could get the stock files even if sammobile doesn't have them?

DefQoN_BE
Old
Thanks Meter 134

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I couldn't even get any rom from sammobile.com, since they are all marked as unavailable when i try to download them... So in the end i found one file containing the 3 .tar.md5's, but i'm not sure if it's the right set. I let it try for about 3 hours this night, so i don't think it will get through another time.

Do you think there is any way i could get the stock files even if sammobile doesn't have them?
What do you mean with marked as unavailable? You can download them from sammobile at any time. If you're looking for mirrors, try to paste the ROM name in google and see if you can find mirrors for downloading it. If a samsung ROM is not on sammobile, it doesn't excist

JeroenVH
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
What do you mean with marked as unavailable? You can download them from sammobile at any time. If you're looking for mirrors, try to paste the ROM name in google and see if you can find mirrors for downloading it. If a samsung ROM is not on sammobile, it doesn't excist
I get this error: "Error ID: 2F - File not found!". It also says something about sending an e-mail to them to request the file, which i have done, but i haven't received an answer yet.

Mirrors seem to be very, very rare, as most people seemed to depend on the one at multiupload.com (which is now unavailable of course) :/

DefQoN_BE
Old
Thanks Meter 134

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I get this error: "Error ID: 2F - File not found!". It also says something about sending an e-mail to them to request the file, which i have done, but i haven't received an answer yet.

Mirrors seem to be very, very rare, as most people seemed to depend on the one at multiupload.com (which is now unavailable of course) :/
You can ask someone who has the stock ROM on it's pc, and upload it so you can get it, maybe you can make a request topic, or wait until you have an answer on your mail

JeroenVH
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
You can ask someone who has the stock ROM on it's pc, and upload it so you can get it, maybe you can make a request topic, or wait until you have an answer on your mail
I think i'll wait until i get a response from sammobile... However, i would still like to try to use fastboot to get it to boot to clockworkmod... Sadly, my computer doesn't recognize it with fastboot