Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,956 Members 43,284 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Lock Screen Options Greyed Out After 4.4.2 Update

Tip us?
 
JustWulf.com
Old
(Last edited by JustWulf.com; 14th May 2014 at 07:16 AM.)
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Mar 2011
Default [Q] Lock Screen Options Greyed Out After 4.4.2 Update

I just updated my Verizon Samsung Note 3 to the 4.4.2 version of Android OS via OTA. I couldn't figure out how to get the Camera app to display on my lock screen, so I went to my "Lock Screen" settings and found something wrong. I had the Swipe Pattern as the unlock type at the time, and my only options where to change to "PIN" or "Password". I changed it to PIN, hoping that I could change back, but no luck, I am now only able to choose "PIN" or Password" for my lock screen options while the rest are greyed out and it still does not show an option to enable the camera app shortcut on my lock screen.

What I tried to do so far:
  • Cleared all cache on device
  • Disabled "Lookout" for being a device manager
  • Cleared certificate for "FoxFi" app
  • Rebooted several times (I read somewhere that doing a factory reset did not work either)

I'm hoping this is not a permanent bug in the 4.4.2 OTA update from Verizon. Does anyone have a solution?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-14-01-09-22.png
Views:	113
Size:	231.4 KB
ID:	2742846   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-14-01-08-05.png
Views:	113
Size:	161.2 KB
ID:	2742847  
 
mjh68
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 372
Posts: 1,614
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustWulf.com View Post
I just updated my Verizon Samsung Note 3 to the 4.4.2 version of Android OS via OTA. I couldn't figure out how to get the Camera app to display on my lock screen, so I went to my "Lock Screen" settings and found something wrong. I had the Swipe Pattern as the unlock type at the time, and my only options where to change to "PIN" or "Password". I changed it to PIN, hoping that I could change back, but no luck, I am now only able to choose "PIN" or Password" for my lock screen options while the rest are greyed out and it still does not show an option to enable the camera app shortcut on my lock screen.

What I tried to do so far:
  • Cleared all cache on device
  • Disabled "Lookout" for being a device manager
  • Cleared certificate for "FoxFi" app
  • Rebooted several times (I read somewhere that doing a factory reset did not work either)

I'm hoping this is not a permanent bug in the 4.4.2 OTA update from Verizon. Does anyone have a solution?

Someone had suggested going to the security tab and clearing the certificates cache or something like that ... I am at work so don't have my phone in front of me , but that enabled them to change a bug wth the foxfi app. So maybe that will help you change the lockscreen security settings.
The Following User Says Thank You to mjh68 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
JustWulf.com
Old
(Last edited by JustWulf.com; 14th May 2014 at 09:35 AM.)
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh68 View Post
Someone had suggested going to the security tab and clearing the certificates cache or something like that ... I am at work so don't have my phone in front of me , but that enabled them to change a bug wth the foxfi app. So maybe that will help you change the lockscreen security settings.
I went ahead and cleared all of the trusted certificates by going to "Settings > Security > Clear credentials" and IT WORKED! I can now select any of the unlock types and the camera app shortcut is now functional. Thanks for the help.
 
mjh68
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 372
Posts: 1,614
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustWulf.com View Post
I went ahead and cleared all of the trusted certificates by going to "Settings > Security > Clear credentials" and IT WORKED! I can now select any of the unlock types and the camera app shortcut is now functional. Thanks for the help.
your welcome ! Glad it worked and got you up and running
The Following User Says Thank You to mjh68 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
nyeazyone
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 81
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Potsdam, NY
Clear credentials is grayed out for my phone. Any solution to that?
 
fletch33
Old
(Last edited by fletch33; 14th May 2014 at 01:57 PM.)
#6  
fletch33's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 269
Posts: 938
Join Date: Jan 2010
as a side not for those of you with root still you can make any of your widgets full size upon waking the phone on the lock screen which is pretty cool. you use a module for Xposed called Maximize Widgets

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes