Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,717 Members 44,206 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I just want to use Tasker Effectively in my truck

Tip us?

ThePig0079
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default I just want to use Tasker Effectively in my truck

In the past I have flashed a custom rom, but I am having trouble understanding exactly what I need. I have installed the Venue 8 in my truck as a headunit. I have accomplished almost everything I want to do with my tab. I running into problems with turning off the radios when the ignition is off. Tasker need root access to do this.

So here is my question. I just need root access to accomplish this. I am not going to be doing anything special. I am not looking for a custom rom just root access for tasker. Is that possible.

I use my tab for Navigation, Iheart, Pandora ect..

Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	20140409_140737.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	233.7 KB
ID:	2725171

social-design-concepts
Old
Thanks Meter 543

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePig0079 View Post
In the past I have flashed a custom rom, but I am having trouble understanding exactly what I need. I have installed the Venue 8 in my truck as a headunit. I have accomplished almost everything I want to do with my tab. I running into problems with turning off the radios when the ignition is off. Tasker need root access to do this.

So here is my question. I just need root access to accomplish this. I am not going to be doing anything special. I am not looking for a custom rom just root access for tasker. Is that possible.

I use my tab for Navigation, Iheart, Pandora ect..

Thanks

Attachment 2725171
roots here new method should be out tmrw...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2681783