Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,064 Members 40,780 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Problem loading Safestrap

Tip us?

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 1279

DONATE TO ME
Well this process shouldn't be this hard. What I would do at this point is Odin the MK2 no wipe.. so you keep all your data then use Saferoot again to root the phone. Then re download SafeStrap and try again.

Another thing are you opening up SuperSu so it can update your binary after rooting and before installing SafeStrap?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Volvogia
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertac View Post
Well this process shouldn't be this hard. What I would do at this point is Odin the MK2 no wipe.. so you keep all your data then use Saferoot again to root the phone. Then re download SafeStrap and try again.

Another thing are you opening up SuperSu so it can update your binary after rooting and before installing SafeStrap?

Never thought of that.
Never really figured basically unrooting and rerooting the phone would help, but hey, anything that will work.
Thanks for the feedback!
Hyperdriven Galaxy S4 RLS 17.1 on MDK

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 1279

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvogia View Post
Never thought of that.
Never really figured basically unrooting and rerooting the phone would help, but hey, anything that will work.
Thanks for the feedback!
I mean I actually don't think you'd even have to Odin back either but at this point might as well just start over fresh.

Then root the phone again and make sure to update the SuperSu binary then reboot and try installing SafeStrap again. Seems like a superuser deal to me. I could be wrong... Just something I'd do to troubleshoot something like this

Verynoob1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertac View Post

I am a little hesitant to re-root as I had a problem rooting the first time but I got through it. And I am not familiar with the Odin process but I see it all over the forum. Eventually I know that I need to venture out and learn this if I am going to experiment with the S4 and other roms. At this point in time I donít plan on changing ROMs do I really need Safestrap? All I am trying to do is this 4.3 Tether Unlock MOD? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2512981

As for the SuperSu updating the binary it did prompt me and I allowed it and I am pretty sure it was before trying to install SafeStrap. Thanks