Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,068 Members 46,729 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Locked to UK carrier want to use on French carrier.

Tip us?

finch7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Locked to UK carrier want to use on French carrier.

Hi All,

I've seen a second hand I8190N (S3 mini) for sale that's locked to a UK carrier. I'm wondering if I can just flash the firmware with the unbranded French firmware...

I8190NXXAMG1.LPMAMG2 ( I believe)

so I can use it with French carriers?

I've had a read and a lot of people obviously say use the one for your carrier for warranty purposes. I'm not bothered about warranty in this case.

I did read one post saying you can flash any ROM but the phone will remain SIM locked?

There's so much info out there I'm struggling to find an answer. Anyone know the answer or point me at it?

Aronuser
Old
Thanks Meter 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by finch7 View Post
Hi All,

I've seen a second hand I8190N (S3 mini) for sale that's locked to a UK carrier. I'm wondering if I can just flash the firmware with the unbranded French firmware...

I8190NXXAMG1.LPMAMG2 ( I believe)

so I can use it with French carriers?

I've had a read and a lot of people obviously say use the one for your carrier for warranty purposes. I'm not bothered about warranty in this case.

I did read one post saying you can flash any ROM but the phone will remain SIM locked?

There's so much info out there I'm struggling to find an answer. Anyone know the answer or point me at it?
I think reading this could help:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2082626
Please click the thanks button under my post if you considered my post useful! Thank you.

If you like to become a friend of me to discuss the S4 mini I9195, feel free to contact me!

finch7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aronuser View Post
Just read all that. No one posted back to say it worked for their s3 mini. (7 pages of attempts though.)