Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,143 Members 54,471 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Widgets for Androkkid

Tip us?
 
wmdirk
Old
#501  
wmdirk's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 313
Join Date: Dec 2008
WMD-Clock+ v2.0-RC2, the 2nd release candidate (and I hope the final version) is here. Changes:

- missed calls icon ("missedCalls")
- outlined text for battery, alarm, unread sms and number of missed calls (increased readability)
- G-Alarm support for alarm type 0 (should finally be ok now)
- clock digits a little further apart
- weather forecast shows the day names instead of the date
- new version of WMD-AndrokkidLib
 
kraski
Old
#502  
kraski's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 294
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Baltimore, MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdirk View Post
WMD-Clock+ v2.0-RC2, the 2nd release candidate (and I hope the final version) is here. Changes:

- missed calls icon ("missedCalls")
- outlined text for battery, alarm, unread sms and number of missed calls (increased readability)
- G-Alarm support for alarm type 0 (should finally be ok now)
- clock digits a little further apart
- weather forecast shows the day names instead of the date
- new version of WMD-AndrokkidLib
All working.
 
lancekemp
Old
(Last edited by lancekemp; 2nd January 2010 at 04:47 PM.) Reason: add more info
#503  
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 43
Join Date: Oct 2009
Default wmd-clockv20-rc2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdirk View Post
WMD-Clock+ v2.0-RC2, the 2nd release candidate (and I hope the final version) is here. Changes:

- missed calls icon ("missedCalls")
- outlined text for battery, alarm, unread sms and number of missed calls (increased readability)
- G-Alarm support for alarm type 0 (should finally be ok now)
- clock digits a little further apart
- weather forecast shows the day names instead of the date
- new version of WMD-AndrokkidLib
wmdirk
Hello

I am getting an error when trying to add wmd-clockv20-rc2

DrawWidget()Error
Method not found:
showTextAt
WMDAndrokkidLid.wmdsoft.androkkid.widget.WidgetMan ager

I am going back to RC1
Attached Files
File Type: txt Log.txt - [Click for QR Code] (417 Bytes, 4 views)
 
kraski
Old
#504  
kraski's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 294
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Baltimore, MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancekemp View Post
wmdirk
Hello

I am getting an error when trying to add wmd-clockv20-rc2

DrawWidget()Error
Method not found:
showTextAt
WMDAndrokkidLid.wmdsoft.androkkid.widget.WidgetMan ager

I am going back to RC1
I got the same thing with RC3 till I remembered I hadn't placed a copy of the latest WMDAndrokkidlib into Androkkid's main folder. Once I did that, it worked fine.
 
kraski
Old
(Last edited by kraski; 2nd January 2010 at 05:48 PM.)
#505  
kraski's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 294
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Baltimore, MD
I have one more request for WMDClockPlus. Email count & access. That one might be a little more "interesting" to create, since each email source seems to have it's own set of mailboxes. Since I now have a profile switcher, that would nicely replace the wifi toggle, letting me replace the full sized email icon with something else.
 
lancekemp
Old
#506  
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 43
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraski View Post
I got the same thing with RC3 till I remembered I hadn't placed a copy of the latest WMDAndrokkidlib into Androkkid's main folder. Once I did that, it worked fine.
kraski
Got it to work thanks
 
lancekemp
Old
(Last edited by lancekemp; 2nd January 2010 at 07:37 PM.) Reason: add new info
#507  
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 43
Join Date: Oct 2009
Default wmd-clockv20-rc2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdirk View Post
WMD-Clock+ v2.0-RC2, the 2nd release candidate (and I hope the final version) is here. Changes:

- missed calls icon ("missedCalls")
- outlined text for battery, alarm, unread sms and number of missed calls (increased readability)
- G-Alarm support for alarm type 0 (should finally be ok now)
- clock digits a little further apart
- weather forecast shows the day names instead of the date
- new version of WMD-AndrokkidLib
wmdirk
I got RC2 to now work thanks to kraski
Now, looking at the widget, the textShadow looks to be on for the small batter and alarm clock. I have set it to yes then started it and set it to no and started it. The text looks the same which looks to be shadowed.
 
wmdirk
Old
#508  
wmdirk's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 313
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancekemp View Post
wmdirk
I got RC2 to now work thanks to kraski
Now, looking at the widget, the textShadow looks to be on for the small batter and alarm clock. I have set it to yes then started it and set it to no and started it. The text looks the same which looks to be shadowed.
The text should be outlined rather than shadowed. I've used the same technique as Simo did with his battery. The shadow setting has no effect on outlined text. Is the text on your device not readable? (The intention was to increase readability, not decrease it) Can you post a screenshot?
 
lancekemp
Old
#509  
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 43
Join Date: Oct 2009
Default WMD-Clock+ v2.0-RC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdirk View Post
The text should be outlined rather than shadowed. I've used the same technique as Simo did with his battery. The shadow setting has no effect on outlined text. Is the text on your device not readable? (The intention was to increase readability, not decrease it) Can you post a screenshot?
Hello wmdirk
not at this time, camera is broken. but the text is not as readable as it once was, with WMD-Clock+ v2.0-RC1.
 
wmdirk
Old
#510  
wmdirk's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 313
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancekemp View Post
Hello wmdirk
not at this time, camera is broken. but the text is not as readable as it once was, with WMD-Clock+ v2.0-RC1.
Ok. In the next version, outlining text on icons will be optional.

Tags
androkkid, widgets
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes