Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,579 Members 43,650 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy S5 G900f LTE support

Tip us?

ognjen992
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Galaxy S5 G900f LTE support

Hi, I am using Samsung Galaxy S5 G900f. I was wondering if my phone supports LTE/4G ? My network opperator still doesn't have 4G network, that is confirmed info, BUT does my phone support it? For example if I went somewhere where there is 4G support and insert that SIM card (I unlocked my phone with codes). I did get the S5 through my carrier so is it also possible that since my carrier does not support 4G they could have ordered S5 without LTE/4G since it wouldn't have point to have it if the network doesn't support it? Is there a way I could check if the device itself has support for LTE? I network modes I do not have LTE.

My network operator: mt:s Serbia

This is my first post to XDA EVER and virst post on any forum in a few years probably so excuse me if I made some mistakes and sorry, also sorry for my bad english.

Help?

dejong12
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ognjen992 View Post
Hi, I am using Samsung Galaxy S5 G900f. I was wondering if my phone supports LTE/4G ? My network opperator still doesn't have 4G network, that is confirmed info, BUT does my phone support it? For example if I went somewhere where there is 4G support and insert that SIM card (I unlocked my phone with codes). I did get the S5 through my carrier so is it also possible that since my carrier does not support 4G they could have ordered S5 without LTE/4G since it wouldn't have point to have it if the network doesn't support it? Is there a way I could check if the device itself has support for LTE? I network modes I do not have LTE.

My network operator: mt:s Serbia

This is my first post to XDA EVER and virst post on any forum in a few years probably so excuse me if I made some mistakes and sorry, also sorry for my bad english.

Help?
The G900F version is the internatioal LTE variant, so yes, it supports 4G/LTE. Inserting a SIM with a 4G plan will work.
If you can't see/select LTE mode it may be because you got a specific carrier rom. Changing your rom to an open country on should enable it once more.

ognjen992
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you! That's a relief. Won't change rom yet because of warranty and no LTE here either way but good to know.
Thank you again.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

ShadowLea
Old
Thanks Meter 887
Yes, it supports LTE.

You're not seeing the LTE option under network modes because the option is disabled for your Carrier, thus it will not show up when you have your SIM inserted.

If your carrier does not have LTE yet, then it is turned off in the firmware by Samsung for your carrier SIM. If you were to insert a SIM from a carrier that has LTE, you may be able to use it. (Depending on how long they've had LTE and if it was enabled. Each carrier has to be enabled in a list.)

Enabling it is done via firmware update.
SM-N9005 International Galaxy Note 3, DBT NB7 Stock
SM-G900F International Galaxy S5, PHN NCE Stock
SM-P905 NotePro 12.2 LTE Black, DBT NC3 Stock

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. –Chinese Proverb

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

The simplest solutions are often the cleverest. They are also usually wrong.