Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,935 Members 51,898 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] G900P Slow battery charge..fix?

Tip us?

aft_lizard01
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] G900P Slow battery charge..fix?

Hey guys. I just purchased the phone and the charging on it is slow as @#@Q. WHen it does fully charge it drains fast, 10 hours with light usage. I have disabled and deleted many apps so far and no go. Right now I am hopeful that disabling google search works. Has anybody else had this issue and have any fixes? My next step is to do a full factory reset, which is no biggy since its new. But would suck to have to download everything again.

solrazr
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by aft_lizard01 View Post
Hey guys. I just purchased the phone and the charging on it is slow as @#@Q. WHen it does fully charge it drains fast, 10 hours with light usage. I have disabled and deleted many apps so far and no go. Right now I am hopeful that disabling google search works. Has anybody else had this issue and have any fixes? My next step is to do a full factory reset, which is no biggy since its new. But would suck to have to download everything again.
Are you using the Samsung OEM charger and cable? If not you will experience slower charging. This is due to the specifications on the adapter + phone itself detecting each other, and applying a special charge voltage.

aft_lizard01
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by solrazr View Post
Are you using the Samsung OEM charger and cable? If not you will experience slower charging. This is due to the specifications on the adapter + phone itself detecting each other, and applying a special charge voltage.
Of course. Even if I didn't it should never take 5+ hours to charge off of usb 3.0 especially with my pc which has a feature that boosts the amperage for charging. Also a slow charge shouldn't affect its discharge rate.

aft_lizard01
Old
(Last edited by aft_lizard01; 8th May 2014 at 09:12 PM.) Reason: correction
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up I fixed the slow charge

Google Search was the problem child. I stopped it and the charging took off. I restarted the app, just because I like it, and it hasnt caused a problem since.

Now for the battery drain, it has only slightly improved. It lasted about 15 hours yesterday with very very light use. Today I let it charge an extra 12 hours and cross my fingers it has only discharged 4 percent with about 30 minutes of talk time and two hours off charger.

ScottBroker
Old
Thanks Meter 137
What roms camn I flash on the Sprint G900P? On My TMO s4 M919, I was also able to flash the international i9505