Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,359 Members 41,655 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cyanogenmod Installer - "We Couldn't Talk To Your Phone"

Tip us?

AshRuff
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Cyanogenmod Installer - "We Couldn't Talk To Your Phone"

Hi everyone,

This is my first time trying to install Cyanogenmod on my HTC One and I'm having this issue where the installation stuck at ClockworkMod recovery screen and this message appear.

"We couldn't talk to your phone"

This is what I have done but nothing works.
Change USB cable and ports
Disable AV (I only use Windows Defender)
Disable USB selective suspend setting

Please help me figure out this thing. My support token as below:

Support token: dec46c01-ad18-4966-91b5-720e9a6a63a2

Thank you in advance ^_^

asiph
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Lightbulb Try Cheking installer wiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshRuff View Post
Hi everyone,

This is my first time trying to install Cyanogenmod on my HTC One and I'm having this issue where the installation stuck at ClockworkMod recovery screen and this message appear.

"We couldn't talk to your phone"

This is what I have done but nothing works.
Change USB cable and ports
Disable AV (I only use Windows Defender)
Disable USB selective suspend setting

Please help me figure out this thing. My support token as below:

Support token: dec46c01-ad18-4966-91b5-720e9a6a63a2

Thank you in advance ^_^

Refer to the wiki of Cyanogenmod installer, reading full wiki is worth.

The part you need from that page is here;

" 'We couldn't talk to your phone'
Disable your anti-virus. No, really, disable your anti-virus. It interferes with the tools we use to write your recovery partition, among other things. Make sure to disable it for long enough that the installer can complete the full installation.
Plugging the phone into a different USB port and clicking 'Try Again' is often sufficient to proceed.
If you have a USB hub or a docking station, try the installation without it. Unplug from the hub or docking station completely.
If you get this repeatedly at different stages of the install, you almost certainly have a bad USB cable.
If the installer doesn't detect your device after a reboot, and it's stuck in download mode, it's generally safe to hold down power or remove the battery (if the phone allows it) to power the phone off. You may attempt the installation again, it may be successful.
Disable the USB selective suspend setting in the Control Panel. It's found under Power Options > Advanced Settings > USB settings."

just a tip; If you have a rooted phone using "rom manager" will be easier.
The Following User Says Thank You to asiph For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

horrorschow1986
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiph View Post

Disable your anti-virus. No, really, disable your anti-virus. It interferes with the tools we use to write your recovery partition, among other things. Make sure to disable it for long enough that the installer can complete the full installation.
Plugging the phone into a different USB port and clicking 'Try Again' is often sufficient to proceed.
If you have a USB hub or a docking station, try the installation without it. Unplug from the hub or docking station completely.
If you get this repeatedly at different stages of the install, you almost certainly have a bad USB cable.
If the installer doesn't detect your device after a reboot, and it's stuck in download mode, it's generally safe to hold down power or remove the battery (if the phone allows it) to power the phone off. You may attempt the installation again, it may be successful.
Disable the USB selective suspend setting in the Control Panel. It's found under Power Options > Advanced Settings > USB settings."

Did you uninstall htc sync?
Did you install htc driver?
Did you try another USB Port?
Have you selectet USB Debugging??
The Following User Says Thank You to horrorschow1986 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AshRuff
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
My answer below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorschow1986 View Post
Did you uninstall htc sync? NO
Did you install htc driver? What is htc driver?
Did you try another USB Port? YES
Have you selectet USB Debugging?? YES

AshRuff
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I have done all of them but still did not work My phone is NOT rooted. Should I root first with rom manager?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiph View Post

asiph
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
I have done all of them but still did not work My phone is NOT rooted. Should I root first with rom manager?
Rooting is neither recommended, nor needed for the CyanogenMod Installer. I also Don't recommend rooting just for installing it.

So, Have another go using HTC Driver, it might solve your problem.
check this thread for the driver;
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2211791

The Following User Says Thank You to asiph For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AshRuff
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I manage to install CyanogenMod after 8-9 tries

Keep reconnecting the USB cable, restart computer, disable AV. Tried everything, finally it works. Thanks to everyone who help

asiph
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
I manage to install CyanogenMod after 8-9 tries

Keep reconnecting the USB cable, restart computer, disable AV. Tried everything, finally it works. Thanks to everyone who help
Good to hear that you got it.

Good luck with CyanogenMod Experience..

AshRuff
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Just sharing. This is a response for my issue from Cyanogenmod forum.

"Upon looking at your log, and the HTC unlock dev site, the issue is that the HTC site itself that gives the unlock token for your device is down. Until it comes back up, you will be unable to proceed. Unfortunately we have no control over this, but usually the outages for this site get resolved fairly quickly. You should be able to boot back into stock. "