How to Control Both Moto G and Moto E LEDs

Notification LEDs offer a great way to check for notification at a glance on the Moto G (2013) and … more

LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] ADB Shell And Super SU Issue

OP savagemessiah97

12th May 2014, 03:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Okay... So Here Is Whats Up... The Digitizer On My Lg Optimus L9 Is Broken, Cant Touch The Screen Or Anything... But I Would Still Like To Use My Phone, I Can Can View My Screen But Thats All I Can Do,I Wish To Use The Keyboard And Mouse To Control My Screen,I Know This Is Possible Apperantly The Only Way To Do This Is To Access The ADB Shell, Okay,But What The Problem? Well When I Attempt To Gain Access To The ADB Shell... Super SU Gets In The Way, I Cant Grant Access To The ADB Shell Because I Cant Touch The Screen Do To The Broken Digitizer, And I Cant Click It When It Appears On The Display Because I Dont Have Super SU Permision To Use The Controlls Do To Being Denied Access Of The ADB Shell, If You Under Stand My Cicumstances Please Assist Me In Any Way, The Only Stipulation, No Factory Reset! Please And Thank You!
12th May 2014, 04:52 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 1,656

2,297 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by savagemessiah97

Okay... So Here Is Whats Up... The Digitizer On My Lg Optimus L9 Is Broken, Cant Touch The Screen Or Anything... But I Would Still Like To Use My Phone, I Can Can View My Screen But Thats All I Can Do,I Wish To Use The Keyboard And Mouse To Control My Screen,I Know This Is Possible Apperantly The Only Way To Do This Is To Access The ADB Shell, Okay,But What The Problem? Well When I Attempt To Gain Access To The ADB Shell... Super SU Gets In The Way, I Cant Grant Access To The ADB Shell Because I Cant Touch The Screen Do To The Broken Digitizer, And I Cant Click It When It Appears On The Display Because I Dont Have Super SU Permision To Use The Controlls Do To Being Denied Access Of The ADB Shell, If You Under Stand My Cicumstances Please Assist Me In Any Way, The Only Stipulation, No Factory Reset! Please And Thank You!

You should still be able to access adb shell at the shell level, what is likely happening is that you are dropping into a root shell and this is causing SuperSU to prompt if you want to allow adb shell to have root access. What are the exact steps you are taking when you go to use adb shell?
12th May 2014, 05:28 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimp208

You should still be able to access adb shell at the shell level, what is likely happening is that you are dropping into a root shell and this is causing SuperSU to prompt if you want to allow adb shell to have root access. What are the exact steps you are taking when you go to use adb shell?

I Use Android Screencast Plus Android SDK, Then I Use Command Prompt

.Adb Shell
.Su
At That Point Super Su Is Prompted
12th May 2014, 06:44 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Boston

2,297 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I Use Android Screencast Plus Android SDK, Then I Use Command Prompt

.Adb Shell
.Su
At That Point Super Su Is Prompted

I would recommend try starting adb shell (adb shell command) and not dropping into a root shell then skip the su command. So just do

Code:
adb shell
To start adb shell, and then skip the su command.
13th May 2014, 03:17 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Prompt
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimp208

I would recommend try starting adb shell (adb shell command) and not dropping into a root shell then skip the su command. So just do

Code:
adb shell
To start adb shell, and then skip the su command.

If I Skip su The cmd Says Not Permited

Code:
•adb shell 
•su 
•chmod 777 /data/dalvik-cache 
•cd /data/dalvik-cache 
•chmod 777 ./
This Is My Attempt, Is There An Alternative
14th May 2014, 05:27 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Boston

2,297 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

If I Skip su The cmd Says Not Permited

Code:
•adb shell 
•su 
•chmod 777 /data/dalvik-cache 
•cd /data/dalvik-cache 
•chmod 777 ./
This Is My Attempt, Is There An Alternative

Trying using adb shell from the command line, instead of Android Screencast. Also what are you trying to do with the device extract your personnel information?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread