Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,031 Members 44,830 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help rooting and installing rom Huawei y300

Tip us?

louis9916
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Help rooting and installing rom Huawei y300

Hello there, how are you?

My problem is, I received an Y300 as a gift, haven't yet received it but I want to prepare the necessary things to root it and install custom roms on it. No, this isn't the first phone I install a custom rom to, as I have already played with an Optimus L5 of a friend. Could you please answer this questions?

a) How do I root the phone and install CWM or other recovery? I have found many tutorials but they are confusing, and require waiting for 2-3 days for the code to unlock the bootloader. In case you need to know, it probably is the normal Y300, the international one, so no Asian Model

b) How many ROMS are there for this phone? I like Cyanogenmod and stock roms the most, I can barely stand the stock rom in the phone, so I would like to install a new ROM on it ASAP.

c) By flashing the new ROM, do I lose IMEI or something like that (EFS Folder in Samsung phones)? If so, how can I back it up?

Thanks for your help

LS.xD
Old
Thanks Meter 585

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by louis9916 View Post
Hello there, how are you?

My problem is, I received an Y300 as a gift, haven't yet received it but I want to prepare the necessary things to root it and install custom roms on it. No, this isn't the first phone I install a custom rom to, as I have already played with an Optimus L5 of a friend. Could you please answer this questions?

a) How do I root the phone and install CWM or other recovery? I have found many tutorials but they are confusing, and require waiting for 2-3 days for the code to unlock the bootloader. In case you need to know, it probably is the normal Y300, the international one, so no Asian Model

b) How many ROMS are there for this phone? I like Cyanogenmod and stock roms the most, I can barely stand the stock rom in the phone, so I would like to install a new ROM on it ASAP.

c) By flashing the new ROM, do I lose IMEI or something like that (EFS Folder in Samsung phones)? If so, how can I back it up?

Thanks for your help

Here is a GUIDE to unlock the bootloader and root your phone
HTC One S @ PAC-man 4.4.2 [ALPHA1] [12/5/2014] + IceCode Kernel v4.0 // HBoot 2.15 - unlocked BL - S-OFF - NO "tampered & warning text" // TWRP mod 2.7.0.8

Samsung Galaxy W @ ParanoidAndroid 4.3 [BETA3] [6/5/2014] + KhaN Kernel v2.0 // Base: I8150XXLMI // PhilZ CWM 6.01.4

"REVIVED" HTC Wildfire S @ CyanogenMod 11(AWESOME!!!) [6/5/2014] //HBoot 1.09 - unlocked BL // TWRP 2.7.0.0

It won't hurt you to press "thanks" if me or someone other helped you...

louis9916
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks, LS.xD

This was all I needed, I've found a CM11 Rom in the Modaco forums, hope it works well. Just got to wait until I get the phone

louis9916
Old
(Last edited by louis9916; 14th May 2014 at 06:33 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Okay, so I downloaded the latest nighly of the ROM, but it appears that CM11 is not very stable and has many problems with SystemUI (statusbar) and other things. Aren't there any ROMS for the Y300 on XDA? Also, will I lose my network connectivity if I do the wipes (data,cache, dalvik cache)?

Again, thanks for all your help, I appreciate it

EDIT: Found CM10.1 here in XDA but it redirected me to Modaco, however it is quite stable, downloading now. So which wipes do I have to do, in order to get everything smooth? Also, as I said will I lose my network connectivity or IMEI if I do these wipes, or I can do this without worrying