Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

Bell Releasing M7 Sense 6 May 12th. Question

OP Howie3045

12th May 2014, 05:42 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 31

244 posts
More
Ota update will not apply until and unless you have pure stock rom.
e.g. If your phone is pure stock you unlock its bootloader it will remove some apps which are installed in preload. Now if you relock the bootloader and flash stock recovery the ota update will not be applied as during flashing ota update check for these apps whether they are installed in preload or not. For ota updates to applied succesfully you need to run RUU of your model then flash ota.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
12th May 2014, 03:26 PM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15

166 posts
asking me to do the update now. im really not sure what exactly i need to do to get it now
12th May 2014, 07:10 PM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member

166 posts
alright ive found a nandroid backup for bell 3.23.666.1 and i also have the recovery to go with it. if i run that nandroid and flash the recovery do ya'll think i can then get the OTA?
12th May 2014, 11:55 PM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member

166 posts
alright i tried this any couldnt get it to work. i flashed the recovery then rebooted phone. it asked to do the 4.19.666.8 update then rebooted, went to recovery but it was still TWRP recovery and not stock. so before getting to far involved i reflashed the nandroid i made this morning.

the whole not being able to s-off with hboot 1.56 is a bit of a pain. ive tried rumrunner and firewater with no luck.

so troubleshooting purposes i should add that i dont care about the tampered bar or anything like that. i dont have to send it back i just want the sense 6 ota. l
Last edited by Howie3045; 12th May 2014 at 11:58 PM.
13th May 2014, 05:57 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 31

244 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie3045

alright i tried this any couldnt get it to work. i flashed the recovery then rebooted phone. it asked to do the 4.19.666.8 update then rebooted, went to recovery but it was still TWRP recovery and not stock. so before getting to far involved i reflashed the nandroid i made this morning.

the whole not being able to s-off with hboot 1.56 is a bit of a pain. ive tried rumrunner and firewater with no luck.

so troubleshooting purposes i should add that i dont care about the tampered bar or anything like that. i dont have to send it back i just want the sense 6 ota. l

I already told you run ruu of your phone. Then you will be able to apply ruu.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
13th May 2014, 03:02 PM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member

166 posts
Unfortunately a RUU of 4.19.666.8 is hard to come by
14th May 2014, 02:00 PM   |  #17  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 625

1,913 posts
More
Quote:

Unfortunately a RUU of 4.19.666.8 is hard to come by

I haven't seen one yet, the CWR backup was the best I could find.
Maybe someone who has Sense 6 will make and upload a TWRP or CWR backup.
14th May 2014, 06:26 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 979

3,673 posts
Quote:

alright i tried this any couldnt get it to work. i flashed the recovery then rebooted phone. it asked to do the 4.19.666.8 update then rebooted, went to recovery but it was still TWRP recovery and not stock

Then you didn't flash stock recovery... Either the recovery you flashed was not stock, or you didn't flash it right.
14th May 2014, 06:36 PM   |  #19  
OP Senior Member

166 posts
Now that I think about it after the flash it didn't do anything so I had to hold the power for 10 seconds. After that I panicked and just reverted back to my nandroid from that morning.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread