Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,801 Members 39,881 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is it possible to prevent bluetooth speaker from autoconnecting ?

Tip us?

rgps
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Is it possible to prevent bluetooth speaker from autoconnecting ?

I have a bluetooth speaker in my kitchen connected to a power switch. My Wife and I each have a HTC One phone. I have configured a NFC tag to connect to the speaker so we can scan when we want to connect since the speaker only allows one connection.

This works great except for one issue. When we power off the speaker and then power it back on it connect to the last device automatically. I am not sure if that is the speaker or the phone reacting to the speaker's bluetooth connection. In either case the other person can now not make a connection since the previous phone is already connected.

Is it possible to prevent the phone from automatically connecting to the speaker when it is powered on ?

zeropally
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Yeah turn Bluetooth off for the time being on the phone you're not using

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

rgps
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeropally View Post
Yeah turn Bluetooth off for the time being on the phone you're not using

I forgot to mention that I don't want to do that because I want the phone to auto connect to my headphones, car, etc. I just want to prevent the speaker from connecting.

zeropally
Old
Thanks Meter 24
The Bluetooth I'd is saved in any device you use. And most devices auto try the last id. So you're most likely stuck with it as its not the phone sending the connect signal its the device. Just toggle it for a sec let the other one connect then toggle it back

rgps
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeropally View Post
The Bluetooth I'd is saved in any device you use. And most devices auto try the last id. So you're most likely stuck with it as its not the phone sending the connect signal its the device. Just toggle it for a sec let the other one connect then toggle it back

Thanks, but I don't understand your suggestion. The other phone may not be near by. It may be in another room or even downstairs and yet it connects first if it was the last phone connected. I don't think I can toggle anything on the speaker so I would have to chase down the phone and either disconnect or disable bluetooth on that phone and then connect with the other. That is the exact issue I am trying to prevent.

I would think the phone has to be reacting to the speakers request to connect so perhaps there is an app that will deny such a request and only allow the connection to be established from the other direction (ie allow from phone to speaker but not allow speaker connection to phone) This would seem programmaticly possible, I just haven't found an app that does it yet.