Post Reply

Turning the ATT galaxy s5 into the generic samsung galaxy s5??

OP KiLLCHOP

13th May 2014, 03:41 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Would it be easily possible to change out the firmware/software motherboard with the replacement part found and purchased online, making the phone unlocked assuming the new part came out of or is a new replacement for a non carrier specific S5. If so, anyone know where to find. Ill buy and do it within the next week dep on price. Thanks for any advice!! Also info on different 4g network chips that can handle more frequencies and still work with the firmware (custom or stock)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app
13th May 2014, 08:33 PM   |  #2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLCHOP

Would it be easily possible to change out the firmware/software motherboard with the replacement part found and purchased online, making the phone unlocked assuming the new part came out of or is a new replacement for a non carrier specific S5. If so, anyone know where to find. Ill buy and do it within the next week dep on price. Thanks for any advice!! Also info on different 4g network chips that can handle more frequencies and still work with the firmware (custom or stock)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app

Good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium HD app
14th May 2014, 01:31 AM   |  #3  
norbarb's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Crest Hill
Thanks Meter: 821
 
1,574 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLCHOP

Would it be easily possible to change out the firmware/software motherboard with the replacement part found and purchased online, making the phone unlocked assuming the new part came out of or is a new replacement for a non carrier specific S5. If so, anyone know where to find. Ill buy and do it within the next week dep on price. Thanks for any advice!! Also info on different 4g network chips that can handle more frequencies and still work with the firmware (custom or stock)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app

Buy T-Mobil S5, sim unlock it and you can do all of this.
14th May 2014, 03:27 AM   |  #4  
Martinjv71's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chicagoland
Thanks Meter: 156
 
565 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by norbarb

Buy T-Mobil S5, sim unlock it and you can do all of this.

That wasn't his questiob..he said ATT TO "GENERIC" NOT TMOBILE !!!! THIS IS WHY THREAD GET OUT OF HAND.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
14th May 2014, 06:32 AM   |  #5  
I think the O.P has a big case of RTFM syndrome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium HD app
14th May 2014, 03:00 PM   |  #6  
norbarb's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Crest Hill
Thanks Meter: 821
 
1,574 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjv71

That wasn't his questiob..he said ATT TO "GENERIC" NOT TMOBILE !!!! THIS IS WHY THREAD GET OUT OF HAND.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Are you kidding? ??? With what we have on ATT S5 with lock bootloader and no root make genetic phone? He is talking about to replace main board on phone. I think easier way is to buy t-mobile phone. Proof me wrong.

Swiping from dark side of Galaxy S5.
14th May 2014, 08:59 PM   |  #7  
Quote:
Originally Posted by norbarb

Are you kidding? ??? With what we have on ATT S5 with lock bootloader and no root make genetic phone? He is talking about to replace main board on phone. I think easier way is to buy t-mobile phone. Proof me wrong.

Swiping from dark side of Galaxy S5.

the board to replace is still quite expensive besides remember that some variants are slightly different on the inside and the frame might not fit perfectly with the board when you try to put it back together and even if it does i dont know how that will affect the whole ip67 water proof-ness......

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes