Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,170 Members 49,003 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Did it worked?
Yes 2 66.67%
No 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

How to fix the "invalid download uri" problem

Tip us?
 
ntn_labs
Old
(Last edited by ntn_labs; 10th February 2014 at 12:47 PM.)
#1  
ntn_labs's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 164
Posts: 407
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Orava
Cool How to fix the "invalid download uri" problem

Hi

"Invalid download uri" is a bad ass error that is the biggest flaw (IMHO) You can encounter. Solutions are (as far as I can tell):
- cache clear
- factory reset

But for those, who did this and still have the same problem (or don't wanna try the factory reset) there might be some hope. (I was searching for solutions and found none like this, so I hope I don't duplicate someone's ideas)

I was fighting with this for a longer time and I guess I finally managed to fix it. I tried to clear cache, Google Store and Services, I even removed and reinstalled Google Play. But as logcat said, there was still problem with access to the file that was downloaded (something about JaveException:FileAccessInvalid - or something similar).

So, to make the long story short:
- connect phone
- adb shell
- cd /data/data/com.android.providers.downloads
- ls -al

There should be 4 directories:
- one of them (install) is a link (not visible in CM File Manager, but visible in shell)
- app_sslcache, cache, databases

Those three should have similar attributes (drwxrwx--x), in my case, cache had ony drwx--x--x.

So an easy fix: chmod 771 cache (You should be root) and voila, everything works (You don't need reboot or to stop google play or anything) and no more "invalid download uri".

Please, if You have this problem try this fix and if it works for You, let others know (maybe even in the comment section below)...

PS: It's not dangerous, but anyway... You do this at Your own risk.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ntn_labs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jmstewart
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Jul 2013
Default It WORKED!

What a life saver, I was able to change the permissions through FX Root Explorer.

Thank YOU.
 
ultimatemonty
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Atlanta
Default Thanks!!!

Old thread but throwing a thank you out there. Was having this issue after rooting my VZW M8 and this solved the problem. Thanks! I also shared this link over on AndroidForums.com as I found a similar thread with no solution while googling this issue.

So thanks!
 
GeobMcFly
Old
#4  
GeobMcFly's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 316
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Paris
Thank you, for the inspiration, by looking at the logs, it was some permission pbl in com.android.vending and after some try, it was com.android.vending itself that was with bad permission.

771 on com.android.vending fix it for me!
Tags
google play invalid download uri
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes