Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,799 Members 48,242 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Snote won't save. Folder seems "locked"

Tip us?

EP2008
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 292
Default Snote won't save. Folder seems "locked"

So I went from Ditto note ROM back to official stock w/ root and everything has been perfect, but I noticed that I can't save s-note files anymore, nor can I copy files to the SNOTE folder unless I have root access. I've cleared snote data, but it's not helping.

Any ideas? This is on the latest 4.4.2 firmware and I've already allowed read/write access to my external card, but the Snote folder is in the internal memory, so that shouldn't be related.
------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 w/ KK 4.4.2 (stock rom)
Apple iPad 4th gen w/ iOS 7
HP Touchpad w/ WebOS and CM9 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
MSI 110W Windows 8 tablet

spookhc
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I that similar problem.I did several wipes,flashed different roms-the old roms before official kitkat worked fine,official kitkat based roms wouldn't allow me to save s-notes. I wiped internal memory and it fixed the problem for me.

EP2008
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by spookhc View Post
I that similar problem.I did several wipes,flashed different roms-the old roms before official kitkat worked fine,official kitkat based roms wouldn't allow me to save s-notes. I wiped internal memory and it fixed the problem for me.
I think I solved it... this one's strange!

I created a separate folder and manually copied backups of previous s-notes in there. Then from a file manager I was able to open those files in snote and when I edited them, I was able to save them. The problem, however, is that this custom folder isn't where snote would normally save a new folder, so I went into my file manager with root access and deleted the snote folder. Then I cranked snote back up and it automatically creates a new "snote" folder and it allows me to save now.

Hope that lasts.
------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 w/ KK 4.4.2 (stock rom)
Apple iPad 4th gen w/ iOS 7
HP Touchpad w/ WebOS and CM9 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
MSI 110W Windows 8 tablet