Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,793 Members 41,624 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stuck in recovery after OTA but stupidly formatted SD card...need help please!

Tip us?
 
calistheman
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: May 2014
Default Stuck in recovery after OTA but stupidly formatted SD card...need help please!

Hi all,

I have an LG D802, was running standard ROM just rooted and with PhilZ recovery. Well I was silly and tried an OTA update, and got stuck at recovery...unfortunately I panicked, cleared everything and tried to flash another ROM but I'm still stuck at recovery.

I tried the instructions in the thread about being stuck after an OTA update but as I;ve formatted the sd partition it didn't work.

I want to go back to stock, I just have no idea how....I have ADB access though if that helps! I'm not really experienced in this kind of thing so please dumb it down for me!

Any help much appreciated!

Callum
 
XxZombiePikachu
Old
#2  
XxZombiePikachu's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1279
Posts: 2,387
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Aguada
Quote:
Originally Posted by calistheman View Post
Hi all,

I have an LG D802, was running standard ROM just rooted and with PhilZ recovery. Well I was silly and tried an OTA update, and got stuck at recovery...unfortunately I panicked, cleared everything and tried to flash another ROM but I'm still stuck at recovery.

I tried the instructions in the thread about being stuck after an OTA update but as I;ve formatted the sd partition it didn't work.

I want to go back to stock, I just have no idea how....I have ADB access though if that helps! I'm not really experienced in this kind of thing so please dumb it down for me!

Any help much appreciated!

Callum
can you get into download mode either try the adb reboot download mode or turn phone entirely off and hold volume up(only volume up) and plug it into the pc usb, if you can use the back to stock guide to get your phone working again
 
calistheman
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu View Post
can you get into download mode either try the adb reboot download mode or turn phone entirely off and hold volume up(only volume up) and plug it into the pc usb, if you can use the back to stock guide to get your phone working again

hi no I cannot get in to download mode by any means.
 
XxZombiePikachu
Old
#4  
XxZombiePikachu's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1279
Posts: 2,387
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Aguada
Quote:
Originally Posted by calistheman View Post
hi no I cannot get in to download mode by any means.
have you tried adb pushing/sideloading a rom and flashing to see if it helps?
The Following User Says Thank You to XxZombiePikachu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
calistheman
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu View Post
have you tried adb pushing/sideloading a rom and flashing to see if it helps?
Yes trued flashing a custom ROM, however in my haste to try and stop the OTA forcing me to recovery I may have formatted some partitions I shouldnt have.
Can I restore everything by downloading the kdz with all the correct IMG files in, converting to a flash able zip (saw a guide on here) and trying that?
 
XxZombiePikachu
Old
#6  
XxZombiePikachu's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1279
Posts: 2,387
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Aguada
Quote:
Originally Posted by calistheman View Post
Yes trued flashing a custom ROM, however in my haste to try and stop the OTA forcing me to recovery I may have formatted some partitions I shouldnt have.
Can I restore everything by downloading the kdz with all the correct IMG files in, converting to a flash able zip (saw a guide on here) and trying that?
Yes that is possible to do I should know because we have something like that for d800

Sent from LG-G2 D800 on AEONFLEX 4.4.2
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Get Better Debug Data with Crash Report SDK

Developing an application is a hard and often times ungratifying task. It also requires quite a … more

Navigate to Your Favorite Places with LocationDetector

If you’re enjoying an active way of life, you probablytravel a lot, go fishing, … more

LifeStats Automatic Journal Keeps Tabs of Your Day

Most of us live very active lives. This is after all why we’re fans of mobile … more

Android App Review: Hide Your Files with Androignito – XDA Developer TV

Stop right now, look at your phone, and see how many pictures, … more