Post Reply

how to screencast to chromecast on Galaxy S4?

OP crisdo98

14th May 2014, 02:47 PM   |  #11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
138 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by extrem0

I can cast from S4, but using CM11. No idea if it's possible from TouchWiz. Search for wireless display option.

Really? I thought it was limited to Nexus devices and the Moto X/G.

CM11 and anything else? What version of play services are you using?
14th May 2014, 08:05 PM   |  #12  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 323
 
869 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowah

Really? I thought it was limited to Nexus devices and the Moto X/G.

CM11 and anything else? What version of play services are you using?

Yeah. Didn't try anything other than Cm11. I always keep play services up to date from PA gapps. Right now it's on build 4.3.25.
14th May 2014, 08:48 PM   |  #13  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
138 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by extrem0

Yeah. Didn't try anything other than Cm11. I always keep play services up to date from PA gapps. Right now it's on build 4.3.25.

Which version of CM11? My play services is on version 4.4 something by the way. You may not want to update it.
14th May 2014, 09:26 PM   |  #14  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 323
 
869 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowah

Which version of CM11? My play services is on version 4.4 something by the way. You may not want to update it.

I was using the last M6 snapshot but just updated to today's build. Also I updated to 05/13 PA gapps. It's 4.3.25 Google Play Services and mirroring keeps working.
Just to let you know, my S4 is the M919 build which uses Snapdragon 600 SoC. Maybe i9500 won't work since it uses Exynos SoC.
14th May 2014, 09:28 PM   |  #15  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
138 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by extrem0

I was using the last M6 snapshot but just updated to today's build. Also I updated to 05/13 PA gapps. It's 4.3.25 Google Play Services and mirroring keeps working.
Just to let you know, my S4 is the M919 build which uses Snapdragon 600 SoC. Maybe i9500 won't work since it uses Exynos SoC.

Oh I've got an SGS3, and it's a little more encouraging to know you've got the Snapdragon 600 since the VZW version I have doesn't use the Exynos either.

I'll have to try downgrading to 5/13 PA gapps and 4.3.25 play services.
14th May 2014, 09:37 PM   |  #16  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 323
 
869 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowah

Oh I've got an SGS3, and it's a little more encouraging to know you've got the Snapdragon 600 since the VZW version I have doesn't use the Exynos either.

I'll have to try downgrading to 5/13 PA gapps and 4.3.25 play services.

Yeah. VZW SGS3 uses S4 MSM8960 which is similar to Nexus 4. I read that someone here couldn't mirror using Nexus 4.
Remember that Google didn't release mirroring yet. They might increase device compatibility after releasing it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Google Chromecast by ThreadRank