Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,486 Members 42,049 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Problems Downgrading From 4.06.651.9

Tip us?

devo3d
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Angry Problems Downgrading From 4.06.651.9

OK....I am on 4.06.651.9 --- S-off --- 1.56 H-boot ---CID SPCS_001 --- Unlocked. I've been trying to completely downgrade and tried using RUU 1_29_651_10, both zip and exe and I get the same notification ---"FAILED"--- Device is recognized and I've tried it with both "locked" and "unlocked" and with the Sprint CID and with Super Cid. I feel like I'm out of options. Anyone have a sure-fire fix for this?

BD619
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7736

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by devo3d View Post
OK....I am on 4.06.651.9 --- S-off --- 1.56 H-boot ---CID SPCS_001 --- Unlocked. I've been trying to completely downgrade and tried using RUU 1_29_651_10, both zip and exe and I get the same notification ---"FAILED"--- Device is recognized and I've tried it with both "locked" and "unlocked" and with the Sprint CID and with Super Cid. I feel like I'm out of options. Anyone have a sure-fire fix for this?
Follow this guide to get back to JB then use the 1.29 RUU to accomplish what you are trying to do.
Something changed with hboot 1.56...for some reason it won't allow you to run an older RUU even though you are s-off
\_(ツ)_/

Frequently Asked Questions - HTC One-M7-Sprint(m7wls) | HTC Evo 4G LTE(Jewel) | HTC One-M8-Sprint(m8_whl)
ROM Cleaner | AROMA | Remove Bloatware | Backup Apps | Install Apps/Mods
ROM Cleaner for HTC Evo 4G LTE or ROM Cleaner for HTC One
My DIY guides on how to root your HTC Evo 4G LTE | HTC One(M7)-Sprint | HTC One(M8)-Sprint

Forum Moderator
The Following User Says Thank You to BD619 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

devo3d
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD619 View Post
Follow this guide to get back to JB then use the 1.29 RUU to accomplish what you are trying to do.
Something changed with hboot 1.56...for some reason it won't allow you to run an older RUU even though you are s-off
THANK YOU!! I'll definitely try it... I'll post my results
The Following User Says Thank You to devo3d For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

devo3d
Old
(Last edited by devo3d; 8th May 2014 at 05:41 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Well crap....it didn't work. I got the "error 155". Do I need to downgrade the h-boot to 1.55 or should it have worked for 1.56? Thats the only reason I can see why it didn't work. Also, I downloaded and ran the ".exe" file at the top of the page, should I have used the modified firmware ".zip" ?

EDIT: Oh man...I feel so dumb...I somehow missed the part about downloading the "decrypted" file....I just saw it saying "Developers" and didn't think that was the one....I'll try that one tomorrow..

devo3d
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Well crap....it didn't work. I got the "error 155". Do I need to downgrade the h-boot to 1.55 or should it have worked for 1.56? Thats the only reason I can see why it didn't work. Also, I downloaded and ran the ".exe" file at the top of the page, should I have used the modified firmware ".zip" ?

EDIT: Oh man...I feel so dumb...I somehow missed the part about downloading the "decrypted" file....I just saw it saying "Developers" and didn't think that was the one....I'll try that one tomorrow..
I finally got it done right I wasn't able to flash the second RUU like the first (through Fastboot) so I had to run the ".exe" file and it completed.
Thanks for all your help

bombo_b
Old
Thanks Meter 16

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I finally got it done right I wasn't able to flash the second RUU like the first (through Fastboot) so I had to run the ".exe" file and it completed.
Thanks for all your help
may I ask why you were trying to downgrade?
Did I help you? push the thanks button,yeah Just push it
Always Tryna get more out of every device I own.
History: Google G1(Retired)----->HTC Inspire 4G(Sold)---->HTC MyTouch 4G(Sold too)---->HTC Sensation 4G(Donated)---->HTC OneS(sold)---->Sprint HTC One M7