Enable Call Recording on Xperia Z2 and Z3

Call recording, while not legal in every part of the world, is quite handy in certain situations. … more

Google Play Store Payments Available in China

Google has taken a big step to make its services accessible globally. Since the introduction of … more

How to Set a Video as Your Boot Animation

If you wish to make your phone truly unique, you may want to consider adding a nice boot animation. … more

TWRP for Nexus 6 and 9 Available, Unofficial CM12 Alpha for HTC Explorer! – XDA TV

Team Win Recovery Project for the Nexus 6 and Nexus … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Problems Downgrading From 4.06.651.9

OP devo3d

7th May 2014, 08:54 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Huntsville
Thanks Meter: 27

287 posts
More
OK....I am on 4.06.651.9 --- S-off --- 1.56 H-boot ---CID SPCS_001 --- Unlocked. I've been trying to completely downgrade and tried using RUU 1_29_651_10, both zip and exe and I get the same notification ---"FAILED"--- Device is recognized and I've tried it with both "locked" and "unlocked" and with the Sprint CID and with Super Cid. I feel like I'm out of options. Anyone have a sure-fire fix for this?
7th May 2014, 09:09 PM   |  #2  
Forum Moderator
Flag Xda-Dev,NV
Thanks Meter: 8,059

8,435 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by devo3d

OK....I am on 4.06.651.9 --- S-off --- 1.56 H-boot ---CID SPCS_001 --- Unlocked. I've been trying to completely downgrade and tried using RUU 1_29_651_10, both zip and exe and I get the same notification ---"FAILED"--- Device is recognized and I've tried it with both "locked" and "unlocked" and with the Sprint CID and with Super Cid. I feel like I'm out of options. Anyone have a sure-fire fix for this?

Follow this guide to get back to JB then use the 1.29 RUU to accomplish what you are trying to do.
Something changed with hboot 1.56...for some reason it won't allow you to run an older RUU even though you are s-off
The Following User Says Thank You to BD619 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th May 2014, 09:30 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Huntsville

287 posts
More
Angry
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD619

Follow this guide to get back to JB then use the 1.29 RUU to accomplish what you are trying to do.
Something changed with hboot 1.56...for some reason it won't allow you to run an older RUU even though you are s-off

THANK YOU!! I'll definitely try it... I'll post my results
The Following User Says Thank You to devo3d For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th May 2014, 06:14 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Huntsville

287 posts
More
Angry
Well crap....it didn't work. I got the "error 155". Do I need to downgrade the h-boot to 1.55 or should it have worked for 1.56? Thats the only reason I can see why it didn't work. Also, I downloaded and ran the ".exe" file at the top of the page, should I have used the modified firmware ".zip" ?

EDIT: Oh man...I feel so dumb...I somehow missed the part about downloading the "decrypted" file....I just saw it saying "Developers" and didn't think that was the one....I'll try that one tomorrow..
Last edited by devo3d; 8th May 2014 at 06:41 AM.
12th May 2014, 02:31 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Huntsville

287 posts
More
Angry
Quote:

Well crap....it didn't work. I got the "error 155". Do I need to downgrade the h-boot to 1.55 or should it have worked for 1.56? Thats the only reason I can see why it didn't work. Also, I downloaded and ran the ".exe" file at the top of the page, should I have used the modified firmware ".zip" ?

EDIT: Oh man...I feel so dumb...I somehow missed the part about downloading the "decrypted" file....I just saw it saying "Developers" and didn't think that was the one....I'll try that one tomorrow..

I finally got it done right I wasn't able to flash the second RUU like the first (through Fastboot) so I had to run the ".exe" file and it completed.
Thanks for all your help
14th May 2014, 10:58 PM   |  #6  
Flag Port-au-prince
Thanks Meter: 19

88 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I finally got it done right I wasn't able to flash the second RUU like the first (through Fastboot) so I had to run the ".exe" file and it completed.
Thanks for all your help

may I ask why you were trying to downgrade?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread