OP Conquestfan

6th May 2014, 12:56 AM   |  #11  
Flag milton ont
Thanks Meter: 30

327 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conquestfan

I've tried this but it instantly shuts off as soon as the volume up screen to continue comes up. It won't boot in any form at all

did you try factory reset
6th May 2014, 06:51 AM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron31

did you try factory reset

I couldn't do factory reset because the phone wouldn't stay on long enough to do ANYTHING.

So as an update to this...

I was on my way to the closest store with samsung experience which is about an hour away from me and when I almost get there my phone RANDOMLY turns on...

I couldn't be more pissed and happy at the same time. So, obviously I try messing with it a bit and it shuts off again. This time I can get it to turn on after about 15 tries. Long enough for me to do a factory reset!

It lasted a good 30 minutes to an hour and it shut off again.

Hardware issue or is anyone else having this issue with 4.4.2 nc1?
6th May 2014, 01:55 PM   |  #13  
Flag milton ont

327 posts
More
No I haven't on mine you all have to bring it in for repair
6th May 2014, 08:36 PM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member

17 posts
Quote:

No I haven't on mine you all have to bring it in for repair

Okay so I brought it by best buy and the guys couldn't flash it or do anything to it because it wouldn't turn on at all. They tried several batteries etc.

So, I decided to try the phone doctors and the guy thought it could be a malfunction in the power button because the phone tries to boot up any time you put the battery in. You don't have to hit any buttons and you can't insert the battery without it trying to power on.

I'll cross my fingers that's the problem and they phone doctor guy told me he has never seen this issue with an s4 but it was really common in s3's.

I go back in two hours to see if they have fixed it!
6th May 2014, 08:38 PM   |  #15  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,984

11,365 posts
Quote:

Okay so I brought it by best buy and the guys couldn't flash it or do anything to it because it wouldn't turn on at all. They tried several batteries etc.

So, I decided to try the phone doctors and the guy thought it could be a malfunction in the power button because the phone tries to boot up any time you put the battery in. You don't have to hit any buttons and you can't insert the battery without it trying to power on.

I'll cross my fingers that's the problem and they phone doctor guy told me he has never seen this issue with an s4 but it was really common in s3's.

I go back in two hours to see if they have fixed it!

The s2 had this problem too and one way to confirm it was to pull the battery and put it back in. If it booted right away it was the power button. So it sounds like you're on to something.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
6th May 2014, 11:21 PM   |  #16  
OP Junior Member

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

The s2 had this problem too and one way to confirm it was to pull the battery and put it back in. If it booted right away it was the power button. So it sounds like you're on to something.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Well, I was really hoping for the best and I thought they really had my problem figured out. When I got back to the store they told me they basically checked and rewired everything they could and it was still doing this. They told me they can't fix it and didn't charge me anything.

It looks like I have a lemon...
7th May 2014, 12:17 AM   |  #17  
Flag milton ont

327 posts
More
Quote:

Well, I was really hoping for the best and I thought they really had my problem figured out. When I got back to the store they told me they basically checked and rewired everything they could and it was still doing this. They told me they can't fix it and didn't charge me anything.

It looks like I have a lemon...

send it back to samsung
7th May 2014, 05:01 AM   |  #18  
OP Junior Member

17 posts
Quote:

send it back to samsung

I would but they don't accept anything past a year. If it ever boots up again I'm going to install a different rom and just cross fingers
14th May 2014, 11:25 PM   |  #19  
OP Junior Member

17 posts
I've been informed my phone might still be under factory warranty. Just out of speculation, if you root your phone and it ends up malfunctioning what would they do if you send it in for warranty? I'm not sure if my issue is hardware or software related at all.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread