14th May 2014, 12:06 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 1

22 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi guys,

not long ago I've rooted a Wildfire which is a friend of mine's old phone. Now he wants to get it back to stock but I'm facing some issues...

I've tried with RUU and it fails and said it wants to start to recover. When I unplug the USB it reads "Failed" in something which looks like the HBOOT and the battery must be removed to reboot - and it boots normally (no need to recover anything).

Tried also with a Safe to flash ROM from the CWM recovery and it returns something about the script being outdated and a new one should be used...

Could someone, please, tell me what i'm doing wrong? I've first did factory reset from the phone, then I've done a factory reset (wipe data) from the CWM. Tried fixing permissions... still - I can't ;(
14th May 2014, 04:32 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 724

2,643 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacolin

Hi guys,

not long ago I've rooted a Wildfire which is a friend of mine's old phone. Now he wants to get it back to stock but I'm facing some issues...

I've tried with RUU and it fails and said it wants to start to recover. When I unplug the USB it reads "Failed" in something which looks like the HBOOT and the battery must be removed to reboot - and it boots normally (no need to recover anything).

Tried also with a Safe to flash ROM from the CWM recovery and it returns something about the script being outdated and a new one should be used...

Could someone, please, tell me what i'm doing wrong? I've first did factory reset from the phone, then I've done a factory reset (wipe data) from the CWM. Tried fixing permissions... still - I can't ;(

What hboot version and custom recovery do you have? Also what ruu did you attempt to flash?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk
14th May 2014, 04:48 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 1

22 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_metal_man

What hboot version and custom recovery do you have? Also what ruu did you attempt to flash?

Thanks for the will to help mate

I've done it a bit earlier - the phone is (and was) HBOOT 1.02.0000. CWM Recovery 4.0.1.x

Had to apply update.zip with CWM Recovery 2.5 from which I was able to flash the stock unbranded WWE 2.22.405 ROM after wiping system, data and cache Then i've used the locale switch app from the store (com.aokabi.android.localeswitch-2-0.9.1.apk) - just in case

Thanks to all xda members - posts which helped me were from here too

Buzz: Wildfire - Back to Stock (useful links)

Keep up the great work!
14th May 2014, 04:57 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor

2,643 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacolin

Thanks for the will to help mate

I've done it a bit earlier - the phone is (and was) HBOOT 1.02.0000. CWM Recovery 4.0.1.x

Had to apply update.zip with CWM Recovery 2.5 from which I was able to flash the stock unbranded WWE 2.22.405 ROM after wiping system, data and cache Then i've used the locale switch app from the store (com.aokabi.android.localeswitch-2-0.9.1.apk) - just in case

Thanks to all xda members - posts which helped me were from here too

Buzz: Wildfire - Back to Stock (useful links)

Keep up the great work!

Glad your sorted pal might look at making a wwe safe flash stock ROM for cwm 4 and up

14th May 2014, 11:33 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor

2,643 posts
Donate to Me
More
for anyone else hoping to return to stock on a cwn recovery version 4 or higher here is a safe flash WWE, non rooted still odexed rom enjoy.
buzz_stock_rom.zip - 111.90 MB
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread