Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,679 Members 40,745 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] upgrading to mj9 firmware

Tip us?

jdlaser
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] upgrading to mj9 firmware

I am currently running jellybeans ver21 on android 4.1.2. Can I just use odin and upgrade the MJ9 firmware then wipe and load new roms using the newest firmware or do I have to go back to stock first?

EddieK23
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlaser View Post
I am currently running jellybeans ver21 on android 4.1.2. Can I just use odin and upgrade the MJ9 firmware then wipe and load new roms using the newest firmware or do I have to go back to stock first?
From what I read (because I have the MJ9), having 4.1.2 with MJ9 can either cause messy problems with some apps and sms/mms/calls/data/etc. or works perfectly fine (usually when you flash a custom ROM).

I haven't done it myself but you're more than welcome to do a complete backup of everything on your phone and flash MJ9.
Best of luck to you.
The Following User Says Thank You to EddieK23 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DanDaGuitarMan
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlaser View Post
I went from 4.1.2 and Beans 22. I flashed mj9 with Odin, booted immediately in to recovery and then flashed Alliance 26. It's working perfectly.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to DanDaGuitarMan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]