[Q] upgrading to mj9 firmware

OP jdlaser

10th May 2014, 01:02 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Huntington Beach CA
Thanks Meter: 1

72 posts
More
I am currently running jellybeans ver21 on android 4.1.2. Can I just use odin and upgrade the MJ9 firmware then wipe and load new roms using the newest firmware or do I have to go back to stock first?
10th May 2014, 03:18 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 5

32 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlaser

I am currently running jellybeans ver21 on android 4.1.2. Can I just use odin and upgrade the MJ9 firmware then wipe and load new roms using the newest firmware or do I have to go back to stock first?

From what I read (because I have the MJ9), having 4.1.2 with MJ9 can either cause messy problems with some apps and sms/mms/calls/data/etc. or works perfectly fine (usually when you flash a custom ROM).

I haven't done it myself but you're more than welcome to do a complete backup of everything on your phone and flash MJ9.
Best of luck to you.
The Following User Says Thank You to EddieK23 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th May 2014, 11:51 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 9

43 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlaser

I went from 4.1.2 and Beans 22. I flashed mj9 with Odin, booted immediately in to recovery and then flashed Alliance 26. It's working perfectly.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to DanDaGuitarMan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread