Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

Help getting back closest to stock as possible

14th May 2014, 05:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 49

248 posts
More
Now, before you tell me threads like this already exist please read. I have searched and I can't find anything that answers my specific questions.

I have a AT&T M8, and I unlocked, flashed TWRP, and CyanogenMod. I want to go back to sense. I am S-ON by the way.

I found a stock recovery image available here for the AT&T M8: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2711814&page=2

Now, do I need to be S-OFF to flash that? I want to get stock recovery back.

Can someone point me to a thread to remove the tampered and relocked banner when I do follow through with this method?

One last thing, will my device always be S-OFF after following the steps?

I just want to get back to stock I really regret messing with my device. 😧

Help appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my One M8 using Tapatalk
14th May 2014, 08:36 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member

248 posts
More
Figured it out! 😁 I also made a thread to help others located here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2751011

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
14th May 2014, 03:08 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,031

6,864 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by supitsronnie

I just want to get back to stock I really regret messing with my device. 😧

Might I ask why? To me, a rooted, bootloader unlocked device is better in so many ways. Returning to stock is a step backwards.
14th May 2014, 09:05 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

248 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73

Might I ask why? To me, a rooted, bootloader unlocked device is better in so many ways. Returning to stock is a step backwards.

For many, it is a step backwards. I came from a nexus device, which was unlocked and rooted. I figured that was the way to go so did it on my HTC One. I could have flashed a sense ROM, but why? Stock Sense did everything I needed. I thought I would like CM better but Sense 6 is really nice. It's just personal preference. If a good Sense ROM shows up, I may flash it. 😁

14th May 2014, 10:57 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,031

6,864 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by supitsronnie

For many, it is a step backwards. I came from a nexus device, which was unlocked and rooted. I figured that was the way to go so did it on my HTC One. I could have flashed a sense ROM, but why? Stock Sense did everything I needed. I thought I would like CM better but Sense 6 is really nice. It's just personal preference. If a good Sense ROM shows up, I may flash it. ��

For other variants, I would tend to agree. But the AT&T stock ROM is terrible. The amount of bloat alone convinced me to unlock the bootloader one day after I purchased the phone. Along with the gimped features (WiFi hotspot) and other AT& crap (the awful AT&T bar in the browser).

And just being on the stock ROM doesn't explain why you would want to get rid of the RELOCKED and TAMPERED flags, S-ON, etc.
14th May 2014, 11:00 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

248 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73

For other variants, I would tend to agree. But the AT&T stock ROM is terrible. The amount of bloat alone convinced me to unlock the bootloader one day after I purchased the phone. Along with the gimped features (WiFi hotspot) and other AT& crap (the awful AT&T bar in the browser).

And just being on the stock ROM doesn't explain why you would want to get rid of the RELOCKED and TAMPERED flags, S-ON, etc.

I have most of the bloat disabled in settings, and with the apps I can't disable, I have hidden in Nova launcher. I wanted to get rid of the relocked and tampered just in case I need my warranty through AT&T. If I'm going to be on the stock ROM and have no intention to flash anything, I might as well make sure my warranty is valid just in case.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread