Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,943 Members 51,736 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help getting back closest to stock as possible

Tip us?

supitsronnie
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
Default Help getting back closest to stock as possible

Now, before you tell me threads like this already exist please read. I have searched and I can't find anything that answers my specific questions.

I have a AT&T M8, and I unlocked, flashed TWRP, and CyanogenMod. I want to go back to sense. I am S-ON by the way.

I found a stock recovery image available here for the AT&T M8: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2711814&page=2

Now, do I need to be S-OFF to flash that? I want to get stock recovery back.

Can someone point me to a thread to remove the tampered and relocked banner when I do follow through with this method?

One last thing, will my device always be S-OFF after following the steps?

I just want to get back to stock I really regret messing with my device. 😧

Help appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my One M8 using Tapatalk

supitsronnie
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
Figured it out! 😁 I also made a thread to help others located here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2751011

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

redpoint73
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2826
Quote:
Originally Posted by supitsronnie View Post

I just want to get back to stock I really regret messing with my device. 😧

Might I ask why? To me, a rooted, bootloader unlocked device is better in so many ways. Returning to stock is a step backwards.
Please click the "Thanks" button if you found a post helpful!

Phone: AT&T HTC One (M8)

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (WiFi only)

supitsronnie
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73 View Post
Might I ask why? To me, a rooted, bootloader unlocked device is better in so many ways. Returning to stock is a step backwards.
For many, it is a step backwards. I came from a nexus device, which was unlocked and rooted. I figured that was the way to go so did it on my HTC One. I could have flashed a sense ROM, but why? Stock Sense did everything I needed. I thought I would like CM better but Sense 6 is really nice. It's just personal preference. If a good Sense ROM shows up, I may flash it. 😁

redpoint73
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2826
Quote:
Originally Posted by supitsronnie View Post
For many, it is a step backwards. I came from a nexus device, which was unlocked and rooted. I figured that was the way to go so did it on my HTC One. I could have flashed a sense ROM, but why? Stock Sense did everything I needed. I thought I would like CM better but Sense 6 is really nice. It's just personal preference. If a good Sense ROM shows up, I may flash it. ��
For other variants, I would tend to agree. But the AT&T stock ROM is terrible. The amount of bloat alone convinced me to unlock the bootloader one day after I purchased the phone. Along with the gimped features (WiFi hotspot) and other AT& crap (the awful AT&T bar in the browser).

And just being on the stock ROM doesn't explain why you would want to get rid of the RELOCKED and TAMPERED flags, S-ON, etc.
Please click the "Thanks" button if you found a post helpful!

Phone: AT&T HTC One (M8)

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (WiFi only)

supitsronnie
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73 View Post
For other variants, I would tend to agree. But the AT&T stock ROM is terrible. The amount of bloat alone convinced me to unlock the bootloader one day after I purchased the phone. Along with the gimped features (WiFi hotspot) and other AT& crap (the awful AT&T bar in the browser).

And just being on the stock ROM doesn't explain why you would want to get rid of the RELOCKED and TAMPERED flags, S-ON, etc.
I have most of the bloat disabled in settings, and with the apps I can't disable, I have hidden in Nova launcher. I wanted to get rid of the relocked and tampered just in case I need my warranty through AT&T. If I'm going to be on the stock ROM and have no intention to flash anything, I might as well make sure my warranty is valid just in case.