Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,404 Members 49,113 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

If you're HTC ONE X is bricked/soft bricked, try this

Tip us?

vsp33ddyv
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Post If you're HTC ONE X is bricked/soft bricked, try this

Requirements:
HTC ONE X (mine was international but you are free to try anyways )
UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER
PATIENCE.

1. Download Fastboot

If you have adb and fastboot already you can skip STEP 1 and STEP 2

2. Download adb

3. Download cm-10.2.1-endeavoru.zip (https://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=endeavoru)

(I used this one , it's justs so you get your SD Card Working again and you can
put ROMS and everything on it again)

4. Download openrecovery-twrp-2.4.0.0-endeavoru-JB (http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/endeavoru)

(This one will be used because it has touch ability's and you can install ROMS with it )

4.1 Or you can download recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.4.7-endeavoru.img (a.k.a Philz recovery)

(This one will be used because it has touch ability's and you can install ROMS with it )
( I used Philz recovery 5.15.9.img (provided by Mr Hofs -> who is a great guy btw)

5. Download openrecovery-twrp-endeavoru-2.1.7 (http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/endeavoru

(This one will be used for adb push commands, openrecovery-twrp-endeavoru-2.1.7 has a built
in ability for your sd-Card , adb can recoginze it but the problem is your touch will not work.)

6. Go into bootloader -> fastboot and do this:
6.1 fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-endeavoru-2.1.7.img

7. Go into recovery (Hboot -> recovery)
7.1 just open the recovery, your touch will probably not work. DONT LOCK IT JUST LEAVE IT OPEN

(ADB sideload didn't work for me so that's why we are going to do this)
IF YOUR TOUCH WORKS YOU CAN SKIP STEP 8

7.2 do this command: adb devices

If you don't find your devices in this then the next steps will not work.
YOU HAVE TO SEE YOUR DEVICE

7.3 do this command: adb push cm-10.2.1-endeavoru.zip /sdcard/

You can only do cm-10.2.1-endeavoru.zip if the zip file is located in the same folder your using
with command. I'm not sure about /sdcard/ . I cant remember anymore But this will put the
but this will put the zip Directly on your SDcard.

8. Go to bootloader -> fastboot
8.1 do this command: fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.4.0.0-endeavoru-JB.img
8.2 or do this command: fastboot flash recovery Philz recovery 5.15.9.img

Your touch wasn't working but it will work now.

9. Go to booloader -> fastboot
9.1 extract the boot.img from the Download cm-10.2.1-endeavoru.zip into the fastboot folder
9.2 do this command fastboot flash boot boot.img
9.3 fastboot erase cache

10. Go back to recovery
10.1 Wipe User Data
10.2 Wipe data cache
10.3 Go to advanced -> wipe Dalvik Cache

11. Install zip from sdcard
11.1 Choose cm-10.2.1-endeavoru.img
11.2 Install the zip WITH full wipe

12. After the install, reboot. You should have a full functional HTC ONE X now

13. Now but your ROM's(ZIP FILES)/Recovery(ZIP FILES)/Kernels and everything you want on your HTC because
You can see your HTC on your PC again!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vsp33ddyv For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mr Hofs
Old
(Last edited by Mr Hofs; 11th May 2014 at 04:40 AM.)
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 8,443

DONATE TO ME
Why are you flashing so many recoveries ?

Just flash Philz 5.15 for non kitkat roms or twrp2 for use with all roms. On those 2 recoveries all features work including touch on all hboot numbers. You don't need 2.4 at all !

And both recoveries support UMS inside the recovery. I think you only made it a bit hard on yourself this way. The rom (CM) didn't make your sdcard work again btw.....any rom does but it has to be installed all in the correct way

Sorry to say but your steps are a bit of a mess

I would have explained it like this....taking in mind that knowing fastboot is mandatory and common :

1: flash either Twrp2 or Philz 5.1.5 (for non kitkat roms)
2: enter the recovery and mount the sdcard in the mount menu, wait literally minutes to let the sdcard pop up
3: copy the desired rom
4: unmount and perform a full wipe (that means to wipe ALL except sdcard)
5: install the rom.zip
6: reboot to the bootloader and flash the boot.img from the desired rom
7: reboot

Done !
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Hofs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vsp33ddyv
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hofs View Post
Why are you flashing so many recoveries ?

Just flash Philz 5.15 for non kitkat roms or twrp2 for use with all roms. On those 2 recoveries all features work including touch on all hboot numbers. You don't need 2.4 at all !

And both recoveries support UMS inside the recovery. I think you only made it a bit hard on yourself this way. The rom (CM) didn't make your sdcard work again btw.....any rom does but it has to be installed all in the correct way

Sorry to say but your steps are a bit of a mess

I would have explained it like this....taking in mind that knowing fastboot is mandatory and common :

1: flash either Twrp2 or Philz 5.1.5 (for non kitkat roms)
2: enter the recovery and mount the sdcard in the mount menu, wait literally minutes to let the sdcard pop up
3: copy the desired rom
4: unmount and perform a full wipe (that means to wipe ALL except sdcard)
5: install the rom.zip
6: reboot to the bootloader and flash the boot.img from the desired rom
7: reboot

Done !
The problem with this was that when I mounted my sdcard nothing popped up. (I litterly waited 30 minutes) I explain it this way because when following other threads explaining how to "unbrick" your phone. I got a lot of issues during the proces. Like SD-card not mounting, fastboot not working, adb not working, touch screen not working, promises of recovery's that your device wil be recognized for usb sideload, ... I ran into a lot of problems and I had to figure it out myself how I had to unbrick my HTC because I forgot to take a back-up. And these were the steps I did.I know your explanation is more 'ideal" but sometimes people can't follow the ideal path because of issues/bugs/problems and that's where my thread comes in
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HTC ONE X

Kernel: Alex-V_SE_2.7_Kernel --> new_s2w_with_dt2w
Recovery: Philz recovery 5.15.9
HBOOT 1.72 & S-ON
If your HTC ONE X is bricked/soft bricked try my thread

Mr Hofs
Old
Thanks Meter 8,443

DONATE TO ME
If it doesn't pop up its a pc driver issue

vsp33ddyv
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hofs View Post
If it doesn't pop up its a pc driver issue
For me it wasn't I had properly installed all drivers. it just said endeavoru on my devices. And i couldn't connect. But once I installed the TWRP recovery it showed HTC ONE X and it worked
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HTC ONE X

Kernel: Alex-V_SE_2.7_Kernel --> new_s2w_with_dt2w
Recovery: Philz recovery 5.15.9
HBOOT 1.72 & S-ON
If your HTC ONE X is bricked/soft bricked try my thread

Mr Hofs
Old
Thanks Meter 8,443

DONATE TO ME
The twrp did nothing, as i said .... it was a driver issue. Once you booted to the bootloader it got picked up and drivers were added/modified correctly. If the drivers were installed properly it should say MYHTC .....
Tags
bricked, htc one x, solved