Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,845 Members 50,898 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [Q} job requires a PIN lock screen?! Workaround?

Tip us?

elcidroyale
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Question [Q] [Q} job requires a PIN lock screen?! Workaround?

I have set up my email app to receive emails from work. Now because of this, there are these new security "features" that are mandatory on MY phone! It is mandatory to setup a PIN code or password lock screen. I don't want this ****e! I need to receive these emails on my device but...

Is there a hack or workaround so that I can go back to no PIN code simple unlock of the screen whilst continuing to receive the emails? I have ROOT.

cmdauria
Old
Thanks Meter 234
Quote:
I have set up my email app to receive emails from work. Now because of this, there are these new security "features" that are mandatory on MY phone! It is mandatory to setup a PIN code or password lock screen. I don't want this ****e! I need to receive these emails on my device but...<br />
<br />
Is there a hack or workaround so that I can go back to no PIN code simple unlock of the screen whilst continuing to receive the emails? I have ROOT.
If you are rooted, pretty much all of the roms bypass that!

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda premium

elcidroyale
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Thanks for your reply! I found the answer to my own question. I installed the "Keyguard Disabler" from within Xposed. This app was created for the exact frustration I have. Email security settings taking over lokcscreen settings. THANKS XDA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdauria View Post
If you are rooted, pretty much all of the roms bypass that!

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda premium
Tags
email, lock screen, security