Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,161 Members 42,072 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Driving me nuts! SD card issie

Tip us?

Jeffruby
Old
(Last edited by Jeffruby; 29th April 2014 at 07:26 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Driving me nuts! SD card issie

I'm on Verizon 4.3

All of a sudden, a few apps are acting up. Es file, cam scan, zedge, and hanging with friends.

I had them on my SD card, but they no longer work, unless I put them on the main memory. Not sure if my SD card just got corrupted, or if the new updates of these apps are screwing with SD card bc of kit cat programming?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

leyvatron
Old
Thanks Meter 294
Sd card sounds like it's going bad. Try the Sd on another device.

Sent from my M8
Follow me and my Android videos on YouTube if you want. Remember to click Thanks and Subscribe.
Join my Facebook group - Everybody is welcome

Google+ Add me

Jeffruby
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
I notice it's newly updated apps. Could it have something to do with the apps updating to some kit Kat coding? I know in kit Kat apps to sd card is bonky

nickgordi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the same exact issue and was going crazy for weeks. I also bet that you can delete files, pics, vids, etc, off your memory card and after rebooting they magically reappear. Are you by chance using a 64Gb class 10 card? From what I've found out on here these cards randomly get locked. It's supposedly a Samsung issue that they are aware of and working on some kind of fix for. I know SanDisk will replace the card but who wants the same card when you know it's just a matter of time before it magically gets locked again? I read about one person on here who is on his third SanDisk card.

modidlee
Old
Thanks Meter 22
I've been noticing with Pocket Casts that downloaded pods would just stop playing in the middle and disappear from my queue like I've played the entire podcast. And I do have a 64gb class 10 card.

Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE
Stock 4.0.4

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi
Rooted running AOKP 28

musicman625
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 326
Default Try

Take your scdard, make a folder on your desktop and put all the files in it, Google a SD card formatter and reformat it, that should do it.
If you don't put a theme on your phone, it could put you to sleep with the stock UI, I can help you with that
The Following User Says Thank You to musicman625 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nickgordi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman625 View Post
Take your scdard, make a folder on your desktop and put all the files in it, Google a SD card formatter and reformat it, that should do it.
I've read on here that many have tried to reformat them in many ways with no luck but thanks for trying to help, I really do appreciate it. I luckily didn't have much on my card and have read that the SanDisk Ultra Cards are nothing but a headache with them randomly and magically becoming locked so the easiest and best thing for me to do is just buy a new card.