Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,266 Members 41,906 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No OS. PLEASE HELP!!

Tip us?
 
shaggy9585
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: May 2014
Default No OS. PLEASE HELP!!

I have an LG G2 vs980. I can get into fastboot and TWRP but for some reason the touch screen is really wonky and when i boot into download mode it takes me to fastboot. Right now im running Ubuntu but i can re install windows if i have to. Any help would be muchly appreciated.
 
XxZombiePikachu
Old
#2  
XxZombiePikachu's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1077
Posts: 2,140
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Aguada
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy9585 View Post
I have an LG G2 vs980. I can get into fastboot and TWRP but for some reason the touch screen is really wonky and when i boot into download mode it takes me to fastboot. Right now im running Ubuntu but i can re install windows if i have to. Any help would be muchly appreciated.
we need a story, for starters what did you do/happened before you got into fastboot?
 
shaggy9585
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu View Post
we need a story, for starters what did you do/happened before you got into fastboot?
Well im kinda new to the rooting thing but I believe my phone was only soft rooted. I was trying to install twrp but I got a dead android with a explanation mark or it would go to a black screen after the lg logo.i didn't know I was soft rooted when I was trying this. so after awhile I gave up. my phone still booted normally without trying to go into recovery. recently an update for android came out ( kitkat 4.4.2) so I decided to see if it would work. it restarted the phone to install the update and it got stuck in fastboot mode. i managed to find a way to install twrp using fastboot and adb. i did it but the touch screen was all funked up and i ended up wiping the system i think. just cant win. twrp wont mount the drive eiher. maybe because i have Ubuntu?
 
XxZombiePikachu
Old
#4  
XxZombiePikachu's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1077
Posts: 2,140
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Aguada
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy9585 View Post
Well im kinda new to the rooting thing but I believe my phone was only soft rooted. I was trying to install twrp but I got a dead android with a explanation mark or it would go to a black screen after the lg logo.i didn't know I was soft rooted when I was trying this. so after awhile I gave up. my phone still booted normally without trying to go into recovery. recently an update for android came out ( kitkat 4.4.2) so I decided to see if it would work. it restarted the phone to install the update and it got stuck in fastboot mode. i managed to find a way to install twrp using fastboot and adb. i did it but the touch screen was all funked up and i ended up wiping the system i think. just cant win. twrp wont mount the drive eiher. maybe because i have Ubuntu?
well first the reason your phone died is because of the update you did after you had broken your stock recovery, if you have twrp currently there are two things you need to do:
1)get rid of the update using this
2)adb push/sideload a rom and try to flash or try and get in download mode to restore to stock
 
shaggy9585
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu View Post
well first the reason your phone died is because of the update you did after you had broken your stock recovery, if you have twrp currently there are two things you need to do:
1)get rid of the update using this
2)adb push/sideload a rom and try to flash or try and get in download mode to restore to stock
is there a way to flash a rom using adb while in twrp or fastboot?
 
XxZombiePikachu
Old
#6  
XxZombiePikachu's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1077
Posts: 2,140
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Aguada
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy9585 View Post
is there a way to flash a rom using adb while in twrp or fastboot?
no fastboot is only for restoring the phones stock partitions but if you use twrp sideload feature it should flash it once it's done copying it(I know that's how it works with philz)
 
shaggy9585
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu View Post
no fastboot is only for restoring the phones stock partitions but if you use twrp sideload feature it should flash it once it's done copying it(I know that's how it works with philz)
now i just need to figure out whats going on with the touch sensor. idk if its the phone or just twrp

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Google Play Store 4.9 Brings New, Image-Rich UI with a Hint of Material Design

It’s not Wednesday yet, but we’ve got a great … more

Remove Unnecessary WhatsApp Elements with Xposed

In modern life, you can’t underestimate the power ofthe dark sidemessaging … more

MaR-V-iN to Talk Google and Android APIs at XDA:DevCon 2014

Our international xda:devcon 14in Manchester, UK on the weekend of September … more

But First, Let Me Take a #Selfie

“Today while browsing XDA,I’m going tocheck to seeif my favorite ROM has been updated–but … more