Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,915 Members 42,583 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No OS. PLEASE HELP!!

Tip us?

shaggy9585
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default No OS. PLEASE HELP!!

I have an LG G2 vs980. I can get into fastboot and TWRP but for some reason the touch screen is really wonky and when i boot into download mode it takes me to fastboot. Right now im running Ubuntu but i can re install windows if i have to. Any help would be muchly appreciated.

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1142
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy9585 View Post
I have an LG G2 vs980. I can get into fastboot and TWRP but for some reason the touch screen is really wonky and when i boot into download mode it takes me to fastboot. Right now im running Ubuntu but i can re install windows if i have to. Any help would be muchly appreciated.
we need a story, for starters what did you do/happened before you got into fastboot?

shaggy9585
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu View Post
we need a story, for starters what did you do/happened before you got into fastboot?
Well im kinda new to the rooting thing but I believe my phone was only soft rooted. I was trying to install twrp but I got a dead android with a explanation mark or it would go to a black screen after the lg logo.i didn't know I was soft rooted when I was trying this. so after awhile I gave up. my phone still booted normally without trying to go into recovery. recently an update for android came out ( kitkat 4.4.2) so I decided to see if it would work. it restarted the phone to install the update and it got stuck in fastboot mode. i managed to find a way to install twrp using fastboot and adb. i did it but the touch screen was all funked up and i ended up wiping the system i think. just cant win. twrp wont mount the drive eiher. maybe because i have Ubuntu?

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1142
Quote:
Well im kinda new to the rooting thing but I believe my phone was only soft rooted. I was trying to install twrp but I got a dead android with a explanation mark or it would go to a black screen after the lg logo.i didn't know I was soft rooted when I was trying this. so after awhile I gave up. my phone still booted normally without trying to go into recovery. recently an update for android came out ( kitkat 4.4.2) so I decided to see if it would work. it restarted the phone to install the update and it got stuck in fastboot mode. i managed to find a way to install twrp using fastboot and adb. i did it but the touch screen was all funked up and i ended up wiping the system i think. just cant win. twrp wont mount the drive eiher. maybe because i have Ubuntu?
well first the reason your phone died is because of the update you did after you had broken your stock recovery, if you have twrp currently there are two things you need to do:
1)get rid of the update using this
2)adb push/sideload a rom and try to flash or try and get in download mode to restore to stock

shaggy9585
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
well first the reason your phone died is because of the update you did after you had broken your stock recovery, if you have twrp currently there are two things you need to do:
1)get rid of the update using this
2)adb push/sideload a rom and try to flash or try and get in download mode to restore to stock
is there a way to flash a rom using adb while in twrp or fastboot?

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1142
Quote:
is there a way to flash a rom using adb while in twrp or fastboot?
no fastboot is only for restoring the phones stock partitions but if you use twrp sideload feature it should flash it once it's done copying it(I know that's how it works with philz)

shaggy9585
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
no fastboot is only for restoring the phones stock partitions but if you use twrp sideload feature it should flash it once it's done copying it(I know that's how it works with philz)
now i just need to figure out whats going on with the touch sensor. idk if its the phone or just twrp