Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,599 Members 38,702 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can we take a moment and praise the headphones that came with this phone?

Tip us?

PsiPhiDan
Old
Thanks Meter 628
I'm not going to be helpful in this discussion since my daily earbuds are Westone 3s, but I'll say I was not impressed by the HTC ones. Then again, I think Westone ruined all earbuds for me, haha.

Schedonnardus
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I had left the headphones in the box, and just took them out after seeing this thread Got to say that I am pleased with them. Thanks to the OP for mentioning them

power950
Old
Thanks Meter 25
i was disappointed when i saw them because the plastic looked so cheap and they do seem really cheap kinda weird since they brag about the quality of the m8 but they are loud and the sound quality is there so other than the look and feel they are a decent pair of headphones i like them allot

Saints775
Old
Thanks Meter 19
I really like the ear buds. They do look fairly cheap, but they produce quality sound. I haven't had any high-end ear buds to compare, but I had a pair of Beats ear buds with my old EVO LTE and those were absolute crap.
Sent from that One M8 via TapaTalk

Danariel
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by stedrocklp View Post
Funny enough I didnt even take these out of the box when I got them. I am with Scott, I got the beats freebies with my Rezound and still use those. I recently did the Harmon Kardon hack so I went down stairs and got the buds out of the box and they are at an acceptable level for free headphones. Best ever? No. But what did you expect. These are good enough for most of my listening situations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints775 View Post
I really like the ear buds. They do look fairly cheap, but they produce quality sound. I haven't had any high-end ear buds to compare, but I had a pair of Beats ear buds with my old EVO LTE and those were absolute crap.
I, too have the Beats earbuds from my ReZound (my husband claimed them since I already had some Bose buds) and these, while they FEEL cheaper, perform just as well - and they're LIGHTER, so they stay in my ears better and are more comfortable. AND since they seal in the ears instead of resting at the ear canal, they are much louder than the Bose. I'm carrying them in my purse now instead. The Bose are better for when you need greater situational awareness (walking on a sidewalk, biking, anywhere you need to be aware of other noises) but for at home or work where I'm not likely to be run over or accosted, I like them!
Verizon M8, Rooted & S-Off running InsertCoin 2.5
The Following User Says Thank You to Danariel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]