Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,337 Members 38,908 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] sound distortion with custom roms?

Tip us?

MonstaSaleens
Old
(Last edited by MonstaSaleens; 14th May 2014 at 02:15 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] sound distortion with custom roms?

So here's the problem. My little bro (age 12) has the sprint note 3. And i rooted it for him. And install sacs v3 ROM. (V4 has no mobile data) and he comes to me and says his sound is distorted. He will play music , set it to the highest state it can go. Then I hear crackling noises. So I unrooted the phone. And its all good again. Then he decides he want root again. And the same problem persist. Could this be a hardware problem? And I'm not sure about what tripping Knox is either. Help please. (Too late to take back the phone)

doubledragon5
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonstaSaleens View Post
So here's the problem. My little bro (age 12) has the sprint note 3. And i rooted it for him. And install sacs v3 ROM. (V4 has no mobile data) and he comes to me and says his sound is distorted. He will play music , set it to the highest state it can go. Then I hear crackling noises. So I unrooted the phone. And its all good again. Then he decides he want root again. And the same problem persist. Could this be a hardware problem? And I'm not sure about what tripping Knox is either. Help please. (Too late to take back the phone)
If it happens only with a custom rom, but not stock. Then I would say it is a rom issue.. I have had strange problems when on a custom rom and Bluetooth on my note 2 when I had it.. Went back to stock and it was fine...

MonstaSaleens
Old
(Last edited by MonstaSaleens; 14th May 2014 at 08:04 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledragon5 View Post
If it happens only with a custom rom, but not stock. Then I would say it is a rom issue.. I have had strange problems when on a custom rom and Bluetooth on my note 2 when I had it.. Went back to stock and it was fine...
But every ROM tho? I've tried many and it was all distorted. No one else has had this problem. (That I've seen) I don't understand this as I one from a galaxy nexus. And this kind of this ever happens

doubledragon5
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Quote:
But every ROM tho? I've tried many and it was all distorted. No one else has had this problem. (That I've seen) I don't understand this as I one from a galaxy nexus. And this kind of this ever happens
Again if it only happens of custom roms, then yes it could be.. My Bluetooth issue happened on all custom roms as well.. If it helps, return your phone for a replacement, and see if the problem is still there, when you install a custom rom on your new phone..

MonstaSaleens
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Again if it only happens of custom roms, then yes it could be.. My Bluetooth issue happened on all custom roms as well.. If it helps, return your phone for a replacement, and see if the problem is still there, when you install a custom rom on your new phone..
i think its too late for a replacement.its been since like janurary. thats weird tho. never had these strange bugs happen on droid incredible or galaxy nexus when rooted. can i still replace it??

doubledragon5
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Quote:
i think its too late for a replacement.its been since like janurary. thats weird tho. never had these strange bugs happen on droid incredible or galaxy nexus when rooted. can i still replace it??
If you bought their insurance package, then you should.. But if you only bought it in January call Samsung, as it will be covered under their 1 yr plan.. I heard Samsung is not worried about rooted phones, just flash it back to stock, before you have any warranty work done..

MonstaSaleens
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
If you bought their insurance package, then you should.. But if you only bought it in January call Samsung, as it will be covered under their 1 yr plan.. I heard Samsung is not worried about rooted phones, just flash it back to stock, before you have any warranty work done..
Its ok. My bro says he'll just keep the phone