Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,101 Members 43,529 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to unroot without a computer?

Tip us?

Xpwnage123
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default How to unroot without a computer?

Hi guys. Right now my phone is rooted and running an AOSP rom, but the charging port recently stopped working, so I'm going to use my warranty to swap it. That said, I can't use a usb cable for my phone, so I can't flash back to stock using ODIN. Any ideas on how I can unroot and make my phone look like it's running stock without a usb cable?

Thanks for your help.

mcbeat257
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpwnage123 View Post
Hi guys. Right now my phone is rooted and running an AOSP rom, but the charging port recently stopped working, so I'm going to use my warranty to swap it. That said, I can't use a usb cable for my phone, so I can't flash back to stock using ODIN. Any ideas on how I can unroot and make my phone look like it's running stock without a usb cable?

Thanks for your help.
Hey Xpwnage123,
If your charger port is broken and you are rooted, you are in very deep problems, because not only will you not be able to unroot it, but you will not be able to charge the physical device or anything. You are probably going to pay a lot of unnecessary money for a new phone.

Sorry

mcbeat257
Galaxy S4 Verizon SCH-I545 With 4.4.2 Kit-Kat Root

Shaftamle
Old
(Last edited by Shaftamle; 13th May 2014 at 09:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3086

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpwnage123 View Post

Thanks for your help.
You can unroot using the super su app. It has an option in there. Before you do that use triangle away to reset flash counter. As far as flashing back to stock, there is an option you could try. I don't know exactly how it works or if it will work for your particular situation but at least it's an option you could explore. The app is called mobile Odin. You can flash firmware on your phone through the app. You need root for this so check this app out before you unroot and reset the counter.
@mcbeat257
As far as charging the battery,
1)it obviously removable so you can charge with another s4 or a battery charging dock.
2)NFC charging pad

Sent from a Shaftamle Galaxy S4
"Thanks Button" is always appreciated!
http://mycolorscreen.com/Shaftamle/
Current Line Up
Samsung Galaxy S4- Verizon
ROM: SlimKat 4.4.2

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0- Wi-Fi
ROM: Pac- Man ROM

Check Out My Themed Google Keyboards!!

Xpwnage123
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaftamle View Post
You can unroot using the super su app. It has an option in there. Before you do that use triangle away to reset flash counter. As far as flashing back to stock, there is an option you could try. I don't know exactly how it works or if it will work for your particular situation but at least it's an option you could explore. The app is called mobile Odin. You can flash firmware on your phone through the app. You need root for this so check this app out before you unroot and reset the counter.
@mcbeat257
1)it obviously removable so you can charge with another s4 or a battery charging dock.
2)NFC charging pad

Thanks for the reply. I'll make sure to check those apps out. And no worries about the charging. I was lucky to have a battery charger come with my expanded battery, so I can just take care of it that way.

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 1393

DONATE TO ME
Last I knew Mobile Odin didn't work for our Verizon S4s . if it does please let us know

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Shaftamle
Old
Thanks Meter 3086

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertac View Post
Last I knew Mobile Odin didn't work for our Verizon S4s . if it does please let us know

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Your right. My mistake. It does not support Verizon s4

Current Line Up
Samsung Galaxy S4- Verizon
ROM: SlimKat 4.4.2

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0- Wi-Fi
ROM: Pac- Man ROM

Check Out My Themed Google Keyboards!!

ckarrow2
Old
Thanks Meter 26
You could replace the USB board.
http://phonepartsusa.com/index.php?r...FUYV7AodungAgQ
I just did a quick search. You may find a more well-known vendor to by from.

I realize you're trying to return it for warranty, but this may be the only way to get it back to stock. But if you repair it, you may not need to return it! Catch 22 here, huh?
There are vids on YouTube that will show you how to disassemble and install it. I think this repair is actually quite easy.

Good Luck!
----------------
Samsung Galaxy S4 -Verizon-MDK (NC5)
Danvdh's GOOGLE EDITION 4.4.4
Google Now Launcher
MDK BootLoader
Rooted
TWRP
------------------
LG G Watch
Android Wear 4.4W
------------------
Galaxy Nexus 7 (2013)
KitKat 4.4.4
Rooted
------------------
Memories:
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Verizon)
Moto Droid 3
Moto Droid 2
HTC Touch Pro 2
LG Voyager
Many Flip Phones
First Cell Phone: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorola_StarTAC

joshm.1219
Old
Thanks Meter 1240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaftamle View Post
@mcbeat257
2)NFC charging pad

QI charging pad* (with proper QI adapter)... you can only send data over NFC not charge
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2848/11738368925_6e7dbef510_o.png
  • CARRIER: Verizon
  • PHONE: Samsung S4
  • CASE: Otterbox Defender modded to fit Anker 7800mah battery
  • BOOTLOADER: MDK, loki bypass
  • RECOVERY: TWRP 2.7.x
  • KERNEL: Ktoonsez with Project Icarus profile and Hydra script
  • ROM: Eclipse TW 4.4
  • LAUNCHER & MODS: Google Now launcher with XGEL settings, GravityBox, Heads Up notifications, & Android L navbar

The Following User Says Thank You to joshm.1219 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]