Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Status Bar

OP hezirance

11th May 2014, 05:02 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 22

115 posts
More
Taking shots in the dark here, but there is a data usage section under wireless & networks in settings. In that menu there is a toggle for 'alert me about data usage'. You can then drag a slider up and down to set the cap for when your phone warns you about data usage. Maybe yours is dragged to the very bottom so it alerts you about any data usage?

Unlikely because it would show up during everything, but worth asking. Maybe just disabling the notification toggle would work. Also, does your carrier ship with specific software to monitor data usage? If so then check all of those apps settings to see if anything has any effect.
11th May 2014, 05:07 AM   |  #12  
OP Member
Flag Makati
Thanks Meter: 4

60 posts
More
It doesn't matter whether or not the wifi is on, it still annoyingly pops up. I meant that you really can't disable notifications as it is a system app
11th May 2014, 05:11 AM   |  #13  
OP Member
Flag Makati
Thanks Meter: 4

60 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Beer Belly

Taking shots in the dark here, but there is a data usage section under wireless & networks in settings. In that menu there is a toggle for 'alert me about data usage'. You can then drag a slider up and down to set the cap for when your phone warns you about data usage. Maybe yours is dragged to the very bottom so it alerts you about any data usage?

Unlikely because it would show up during everything, but worth asking. Maybe just disabling the notification toggle would work. Also, does your carrier ship with specific software to monitor data usage? If so then check all of those apps settings to see if anything has any effect.

I've tried that too! It still pops up, and it annoys me. Thanks for the effort though!
No, I don't think so. My S3 never did this. My phone is unlocked from HK
15th May 2014, 05:06 AM   |  #14  
Flag Eastcoast
Thanks Meter: 15

119 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostangelintx

Probably Carrier IQ for some reason tracking your location. My LG G2 does the same thing.

I read its some type of traffic usage. Someone here posted a picture of it here. Also I have an option on the ROM I'm running to hide that notification. O don't think its carrier IQ but then again.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
data usage, pop up, status bar
Previous Thread Next Thread