Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,471 Members 42,671 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Status Bar

Tip us?

My Beer Belly
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Taking shots in the dark here, but there is a data usage section under wireless & networks in settings. In that menu there is a toggle for 'alert me about data usage'. You can then drag a slider up and down to set the cap for when your phone warns you about data usage. Maybe yours is dragged to the very bottom so it alerts you about any data usage?

Unlikely because it would show up during everything, but worth asking. Maybe just disabling the notification toggle would work. Also, does your carrier ship with specific software to monitor data usage? If so then check all of those apps settings to see if anything has any effect.

hezirance
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
It doesn't matter whether or not the wifi is on, it still annoyingly pops up. I meant that you really can't disable notifications as it is a system app
Previous Phones: Samsung Galaxy S1, Samsung Galaxy S3
Current Beast: HTC One (M8y)

hezirance
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Beer Belly View Post
Taking shots in the dark here, but there is a data usage section under wireless & networks in settings. In that menu there is a toggle for 'alert me about data usage'. You can then drag a slider up and down to set the cap for when your phone warns you about data usage. Maybe yours is dragged to the very bottom so it alerts you about any data usage?

Unlikely because it would show up during everything, but worth asking. Maybe just disabling the notification toggle would work. Also, does your carrier ship with specific software to monitor data usage? If so then check all of those apps settings to see if anything has any effect.
I've tried that too! It still pops up, and it annoys me. Thanks for the effort though!
No, I don't think so. My S3 never did this. My phone is unlocked from HK
Previous Phones: Samsung Galaxy S1, Samsung Galaxy S3
Current Beast: HTC One (M8y)

Technowhiteboi
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostangelintx View Post
Probably Carrier IQ for some reason tracking your location. My LG G2 does the same thing.
I read its some type of traffic usage. Someone here posted a picture of it here. Also I have an option on the ROM I'm running to hide that notification. O don't think its carrier IQ but then again.
Tags
data usage, pop up, status bar