Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,372 Members 39,346 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

help with bypasslkm for surges nc5>mk2

Tip us?

JTSDeveloper
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default help with bypasslkm for surges nc5>mk2

can someone explain how to use bypasslkm in further detail. i looked through multiple threads but im stilll not getting the handle on it,

sfgrimes
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Open your terminal emulator on your phone (download one from Google play if you don't have one) open the terminal and type the following commands (Pressing enter to execute each one)

su (sands for switch user, used alone will switch you to the "root" user. Equilivent to Admin in windows)

cd /data/local/temp (cd - change directory, followed by the complete folder path you want to navigate to)

chmod 755 bypasslkm (not going to get too in depth with this one because I could go on for a while with it but "chmod 755" changes the permissions to read, write, execute for the root user and read/execute for everyone else)

. /bypasslkm (. / tells the system to look in the current directory and, in this case, execute bypasslkm)

Hope this helps clear some things up for you!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium HD app
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sfgrimes For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JTSDeveloper
Old
(Last edited by JTSDeveloper; 15th May 2014 at 09:01 PM.) Reason: typooooo
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
[QUOTE=sfgrimes;52674542]Open your terminal emulator on your phone (download one from Google play if you don't have one) open the terminal and type the following commands (Pressing enter to execute each one)

su (sands for switch user, used alone will switch you to the "root" user. Equilivent to Admin in windows)

cd /data/local/temp (cd - change directory, followed by the complete folder path you want to navigate to)

chmod 755 bypasslkm (not going to get too in depth with this one because I could go on for a while with it but "chmod 755" changes the permissions to read, write, execute for the root user and read/execute for everyone else)

. /bypasslkm (. / tells the system to look in the current directory and, in this case, execute bypasslkm)

Hope this helps clear some things up for you!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium HD

I keep getting a message saying that there is no such directory after trying to execute "chmod 755 bypasslkm"

PolishPoet
Old
(Last edited by PolishPoet; 15th May 2014 at 09:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 57
Deleted

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

sfgrimes
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTSDeveloper View Post
I keep getting a message saying that there is no such directory after trying to execute "chmod 755 bypasslkm"
I had the same issue. Here is the binary from Surges dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/s/9rdz9ff6x5foech/bypasslkm

Make sure you copy it to the right directory and follow all the commands.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to sfgrimes For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Surge1223
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3370

DONATE TO ME
To add to the above post, after downloading that just execute this in terminal

Code:
su
mount -o remount,rw /system
find . -name "bypasslkm" -exec cp {} /data/local/tmp \;
find /data/local/tmp -name "bypasslkm" -type f -exec chmod 755 {} \;
./data/local/tmp/bypasslkm
insmod /system/lib/modules/dhd.ko
exit
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Surge1223 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JTSDeveloper
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge1223 View Post
To add to the above post, after downloading that just execute this in terminal

Code:
su
mount -o remount,rw /system
find . -name "bypasslkm" -exec cp {} /data/local/tmp \;
find /data/local/tmp -name "bypasslkm" -type f -exec chmod 755 {} \;
./data/local/tmp/bypasslkm
insmod /system/lib/modules/dhd.ko
exit
I got the following error trying to execute after downloading the bypasslkm file and doing what you said
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-17-16-40-30.png
Views:	87
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	2749375  

Surge1223
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3370

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTSDeveloper View Post
I got the following error trying to execute after downloading the bypasslkm file and doing what you said
Thats not an error. If you had bypasslkm anywhere on your phone, it should now be in /data/local/tmp with the right permissions and should have executed. Make sure you downloaded the bypasslkm binary linked above

Edit: Also just copy and paste the whole script to make things easier

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

JTSDeveloper
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Thats not an error. If you had bypasslkm anywhere on your phone, it should now be in /data/local/tmp with the right permissions and should have executed. Make sure you downloaded the bypasslkm binary linked above

It's still not working. Any ideas? Should I move it directly into /data/local/tmp

JTSDeveloper
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

I downloaded the binary from above and pasted it directly in data/local/tmp then tried it and it still didn't work :/ what should the permissions on the file be? I'm a noob at this stuff