Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,106 Members 41,966 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

USB OTG Used as a charger, it works!

Tip us?

olokos
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1,354

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyal View Post
Haven't tried this yet on my Xperia phone but on my HTC One before I could charge another phone using OTG. Well I was attempting to mount a cheap tablet(with no microsd card and bluetooth) to my phone so I could copy some files and it didn't work but it charged the tablet instead
Interesting. I actually tried this with S4 and Galaxy S w/ CM11 and S4 told me that I can transfer photos, Galaxy S /w CM11 automatically mounted itself in MSC mode. Just like you would connect it to the PC.
That's actually interesting. Which tablet is it with what rom/kernel? I could try to modify OTG interface on the Z1 or disable data transfer on the device that's meant to be charged, so you could switch between charging/data transfer. I thought that's not possible to charge a phone with another.
My work on xda and things I'm proud of:
Single link for that as the sig got too big ^^
If you want me to reply then please quote my post or mention me by writing @olokos. This way you can be sure I'll reply. sooner or later :P

___ZerO
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I tried with a stereo Bluetooth headset (SBH50) and it charged without any problem. It just went from 72% to 68% in my z1's battery and the headset charged almost fully.

Sent from my C6903 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to ___ZerO For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]