My G2 D801 with KK lags on low requirement games

Search This thread

CHlCKEN

Oct 17, 2013
Hey I'm back once again with another issue I am really surprised to be seeing LAG or FPS skip on games like temple run 2 or subway surfers when I get no lag on any of my GTA games (I own all 3) the only time GTA starts to lose fps is if I play for an hour PR so logically but like I said I get fps lag on those games that don't require a good CPU and yet even with a beastly phone they lag .. So can anyone help me fix this or know how because its pretty frustrating how one can't play a game like subway surfer without losing his mind ... ADDITITIONAL INFO: the UI of the phone is really fast and I have no problems web browsing or going on apps like fb.

danial.aw

Feb 27, 2009
Kitchener
Do you have a custom kernel? If so try switching your governor to interactive or intelliactive... Also personally I find the fiops scheduler is the best ...

CHlCKEN

Oct 17, 2013
Well how you gonna solve anything with out root ?

Sent from my LG-D803 using XDA Free mobile app

Well umm I don't root and there should be a way to solve this without root because I'm sick of this phone.. I should have bought a 5s.. I think it just go back to my Nexus 4 since I never had any problems with it.. I would root if there was a CWM for d801 and made by someone who can put up a good guide but I bricked my G2 on twrp months ago and ain't doing it again

CHlCKEN

Oct 17, 2013
You can always try this option

I did try that couple days ago but it did not get rid of lag on low requirement games .. I ended up just turning it off again because my CPU got really hot fast while doing basic things like web browsing or listening to music etc so now that its off don't overheat really fast which is strange because its supposed to monitor the CPU .. Thanks for attempting to help though

CHlCKEN

Oct 17, 2013
I'm considering going back to Jelly Bean from what I remember the phone UI was slower than but my battery life was really good I got 6-7 hours now I get max: 4 and a half hours if I'm lucky .. And also I I'm pretty sure I did not have any sort of gaming issues on low requirement games.. Is this a good idea.. I'll do it in the weekend because my friend knows how to go back to stock .. I'm not really good with these sort of things Lol

nimrodsv

Apr 20, 2011
Kfar Saba
I'm considering going back to Jelly Bean from what I remember the phone UI was slower than but my battery life was really good I got 6-7 hours now I get max: 4 and a half hours if I'm lucky .. And also I I'm pretty sure I did not have any sort of gaming issues on low requirement games.. Is this a good idea.. I'll do it in the weekend because my friend knows how to go back to stock .. I'm not really good with these sort of things Lol

My guess is that you have some kind of app that is sucking your cpu.

Check for rogue apps and uninstall any application that may cause slowness

Sent from my LG-D801