msm_hsic_host preventing my s4 from sleeping

OP StoneRyno

15th May 2014, 05:33 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19

195 posts
I have tried to find a solution to this but mostly come up empty handed. The only possible solution i found was in a discussion on a website I never heard of where one user stated he/she ran the stock L720VPUFNAE firmware thing from sprint/samsung. I however can't seem to find this download on either of their sites. And honestly don't know if this is the right thing to do given it is only one persons experience. I am stock L720VPUFNAE no root. I had root before the first update with knox but since then have been reluctant to root since I still have warranty time. And now there is a way to tell if I have rooted where as previously there was not.

But anyways, I'm not sure what the root cause is. There is nothing new other than the L720VPUFNAE OTA update performed from when things were normal and deep sleeping for nearly 90% of the time on battery. Which typically was 48 hours or more between full charges. Now with it not going to sleep I get maybe 10 hours. With that said is this the only way to fix the problem? If so where do I download the file referred to? Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread