Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,327 Members 44,747 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Finally Selling My Xperia Z Ultra

Tip us?

Jammol
Old
Thanks Meter 305

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordManhattan View Post
This. I've noticed the same. Some people around here are complaining about the lack of custom ROMs around here, and when devs actually come, they keep their mouths shut. We should've mapped all the users here to see how many we are, because I believe we have a couple of very vocal people around here
Dang I want here when that was going on. I'll totally test new roms and such.

Sent from my Xperia Z Ultra using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
My Devices...

Future Phone: Don't know yet...
Current Phones: Don't have one at the moment...
Past: Xperia Z Ultra c6806, Samsung Galaxy Note 3 AT&T [Unlocked], LG Optimus G Pro AT&T, LG Optimus G AT&T, LG Google Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy S3 AT&T, Samsung GS2 AT&T, Sony Xperia ion AT&T, Samsung Infuse AT&T(First Android Phone), All iPhones before that.

mingkee
Old
Thanks Meter 245
Quote:
It's a hard knox life! Just check out the Note 3's (international version) original dev section. I can't see one custom ROM. Only kernels and misc tools. Oh, the AT&T and Verizon version of the Galaxy S5? There's currently a $12,362.00 bounty for root. ROOT.

How about the international version of the S5? Same story as the Note 3. Custom kernels, but no custom ROMs. You can all thank Knox for that, and that's why i'm never ever touching a Samsung again.

But you know... enjoy that Note 3, OP

Edit: Some strange font change going on here... meh.. i'll let it be.
Granted, T-Mobile (US) version has bootloader unlocked.
I just wish ZU battery can take at least 5000 charges before 15% degradation.

LordManhattan
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 5649
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingkee View Post
Granted, T-Mobile (US) version has bootloader unlocked.
I just wish ZU battery can take at least 5000 charges before 15% degradation.
Looks like the Ultra's battery quality is good. I've had mine since september last year, and i still get 6-7 hours of screentime (depending on usage), and that's what i got 6 months ago. I hope the quality is as good as HTCs batteries, because i have an old Desire HD that's 3 years old and the original battery is still kicking and lasting about a day (depending on usage).

mingkee
Old
Thanks Meter 245
Quote:
Looks like the Ultra's battery quality is good. I've had mine since september last year, and i still get 6-7 hours of screentime (depending on usage), and that's what i got 6 months ago. I hope the quality is as good as HTCs batteries, because i have an old Desire HD that's 3 years old and the original battery is still kicking and lasting about a day (depending on usage).
Since ZU battery is NOT removable, I really hope the battery can take at least 2000 charges before losing 15% capacity.
3 charge per day on extreme usage * 365 days * 2 years = around 2000 charges.

blueether
Old
Thanks Meter 1089

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingkee View Post
Since ZU battery is NOT removable, I really hope the battery can take at least 2000 charges before losing 15% capacity.
3 charge per day on extreme usage * 365 days * 2 years = around 2000 charges.
Wow

The battery may last better if charged slower (less heat) so i would do the over night ones via usb.

Ps you can change the battery quite easily, and just need the battery, a glue/seal set, a suction cup and a hair drier
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

ROM:- Carbon
Kernel:- Pimped Kernel

Thankyou to all those that have donated to me over 2014.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blueether For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]