Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,773 Members 52,118 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wifi not working on 4.4.2

Tip us?

S1L3nTShaDoWz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default [Q] Wifi not working on 4.4.2

Today I decided to upgrade to KitKat and I didn't want to lose my 4.3 bootloader so instead of using OTA I used a tutorial on here and flashed MK2 then some file to update to 4.4.2 without the bootloader and then flashed NC5 kernel and well everythings working fine except I can't enable wifi. Everytime I tick it it just disables itself immediately, is there any fix for this?

Also I tried factory resetting, deleting wpa_supplicant.conf, re-flashing Kernel, renaming device, etc and nothing works as of yet.

Apologies if this makes little to no sense as I've spent nearly all day working on this and I'm practically brain dead as I'm writing this.

SCH-I545
KOT49H.I545VRUFNC5
Kernel Version: 3.4.0, dpi@SWDD5015 #1
Rooted /w safestrap 3.72

muniz_ri
Old
Thanks Meter 986
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1L3nTShaDoWz View Post
Today I decided to upgrade to KitKat and I didn't want to lose my 4.3 bootloader so instead of using OTA I used a tutorial on here and flashed MK2 then some file to update to 4.4.2 without the bootloader and then flashed NC5 kernel and well everythings working fine except I can't enable wifi. Everytime I tick it it just disables itself immediately, is there any fix for this?

Also I tried factory resetting, deleting wpa_supplicant.conf, re-flashing Kernel, renaming device, etc and nothing works as of yet.

Apologies if this makes little to no sense as I've spent nearly all day working on this and I'm practically brain dead as I'm writing this.

SCH-I545
KOT49H.I545VRUFNC5
Kernel Version: 3.4.0, dpi@SWDD5015 #1
Rooted /w safestrap 3.72

Try flashing the NC5 modem in PDA slot in Odin(AP in Odin v3.09+):https://mega.co.nz/#!NhUilTID!v9lzta...NU6h58ZAvLwDIY