Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,782 Members 45,985 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Dead photon?

Tip us?

kanek06
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Finally got into recovery, what now?
Also, when I once booted to system, I downloaded some root checking app, and root apparently isn't here. Well cornholio told me it is rooted back when I gave him my phone to perform sim card mod, but whatever. However, I am in recovery, but device is not detected by RSD Lite.
G1 BLACK
RADIO 2.22.28.25 SPL 1.33.0013d RECOVERY Amon_RA Recovery 1.70
ROM Froyo by Laszlo 5.2 with Lucid-Froyo THEME
SD CARD A-Data 16GB MicroSDHC Class6

arrrghhh
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3374

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanek06 View Post
Finally got into recovery, what now?
Also, when I once booted to system, I downloaded some root checking app, and root apparently isn't here. Well cornholio told me it is rooted back when I gave him my phone to perform sim card mod, but whatever. However, I am in recovery, but device is not detected by RSD Lite.
Well reading back thru this thread, I was suggesting RSD Lite back to stock. I'm not really sure what you want to achieve tho, what your "final" goal is here.

I'm not even sure what kind of recovery you are booted into - stock recovery? CWM?

Either way, if you want to RSD the phone back to stock, you need to boot into fastboot/bootloader mode - not recovery. Just make sure the phone is charged up as much as possible before flashing in RSD.

kanek06
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Oh, sorry - misunderstanding from my side, thought I can switch to fastboot from recovery, oh well.
Also yeah, stock recovery.

To spread more facts - in case somebody would have similiar problems, when I try to just turn phone on, I have zero success what so ever. There's just this blank black page flashing every few seconds. However, when I remove back cover, I somehow force phone to load to bootloader logo, then I finally get chance to force phone to get to recovery. I will try to get to fastboot
G1 BLACK

arrrghhh
Old
Thanks Meter 3374

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Oh, sorry - misunderstanding from my side, thought I can switch to fastboot from recovery, oh well.
Also yeah, stock recovery.

To spread more facts - in case somebody would have similiar problems, when I try to just turn phone on, I have zero success what so ever. There's just this blank black page flashing every few seconds. However, when I remove back cover, I somehow force phone to load to bootloader logo, then I finally get chance to force phone to get to recovery. I will try to get to fastboot
Not sure if stock recovery has adb enabled, but if you have adb you can 'adb reboot bootloader'.

Otherwise do the power+cam trick I mentioned earlier.

kanek06
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
http://i.imgur.com/3XYLngJ.png
G1 BLACK

arrrghhh
Old
Thanks Meter 3374

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Did you remove the getvar lines from the xml file...?

kanek06
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Yes
G1 BLACK

arrrghhh
Old
Thanks Meter 3374

DONATE TO ME
Weird. I only recall seeing that when people were trying to downgrade... but you are flashing 4.1.2.

The phone is in fastboot mode? What happens when you click "show device"? The "Device Properties" section is eerily empty.

kanek06
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I know it sounds shady, when I am coming back here again in few weeks, just been a bit busy lately, sorry about that.
However, somehow I got phone to flash it. The white graphical lines on sides dissapeared, however I got some new bug - I can't use phone in portrait mode, just in landscape - aka I need to swipe keyboard to have phone working. Also, that thing when phone completely stops working now occurs only when I am in that portrait mode, but I can restart phone this time.
When I finished this, it was midnight so I went to bad, so I tried to set up alarm, if it's gonna randomly shutdown like before and unfortunately, yes it did. I was waken up with this classical white line graphical bug black screen and had to reboot the phone. Oh well, managed to boot to system and it takes 5 minutes to fetch sim card (I have sim card mod from cornholio) and as I said, those white lines on side aka mysterious graphical bug is back.
Unfortunately for me, starts looking like real hardware issue now
G1 BLACK

XDA PORTAL POSTS

Slate Calendar Helps You Organize Your Life

Without calendars in some form or another, most of our lives would be utter chaos. Unless you are … more

Shane Francis to Talk Android, Robotics, and Vision at XDA:DevCon 2014

Our international xda:devcon 14in Manchester, UK on the weekend of … more

LG G Watch Tool is a Toolkit all Owners Need

The LG G Watch is one of the first two devices hitting the market rocking the highly anticipated … more

Benchmark Your CPU Performance with Mini CPU Integer Script

When it comes to device testing, there are two types of people on XDA. The first … more