Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,957 Members 39,319 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sprint HTC ONE M8 H/K Edition gsm bands

Tip us?

Djmk4
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 152
Default Sprint HTC ONE M8 H/K Edition gsm bands

Hello guys i am planning to buy the harman kardon edition of the one m8.....do you know the the gsm bands that the sprint m8 has?i read somewhere that it's quadband..also how many % chances you believe i have sim unlocking it?
Devices:
HTC Diamond
HTC Sensation XE With Beats Audio
HTC ONE X White 32GB
HTC Rezound With Beats Audio
HTC ONE X+ 64GB
Now Using: HTC DROID DNA
HTC ONE Glamour Red

blackice666
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djmk4 View Post
Hello guys i am planning to buy the harman kardon edition of the one m8.....do you know the the gsm bands that the sprint m8 has?i read somewhere that it's quadband..also how many % chances you believe i have sim unlocking it?
You can check the bands and frequencies for SPRINT here:

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_(m8)_cdma-6233.php

For the sim unlock it is up to "firewater" compatibility, since you need to S-OFF your device first.

Regarding compatibility with firewater, your question should be: How can I make sure that my device will be supported by firewater?

The answer: You cant! Its just a matter of luck for the moment.

There are alot of people who successfully S-OFF their devices with firewater, and there are also unlucky persons like me, who cant (i got 2 devices that i cannot S-OFF).

There is also a bounty thread for people which cannot S-OFF:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2733870

If SIM unlocking is your concern, I suggest you to buy it unlocked (yeah i know the price is higher).

For the time being there is no provider offering SIM Unlock for Sprint. Believe me, since I have a SPRINT standard M8 device which i cant SIM unlock for the moment.
The Following User Says Thank You to blackice666 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Djmk4
Old
(Last edited by Djmk4; 15th May 2014 at 11:33 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackice666 View Post
You can check the bands and frequencies for SPRINT here:

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_(m8)_cdma-6233.php

For the sim unlock it is up to "firewater" compatibility, since you need to S-OFF your device first.

Regarding compatibility with firewater, your question should be: How can I make sure that my device will be supported by firewater?

The answer: You cant! Its just a matter of luck for the moment.

There are alot of people who successfully S-OFF their devices with firewater, and there are also unlucky persons like me, who cant (i got 2 devices that i cannot S-OFF).

There is also a bounty thread for people which cannot S-OFF:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2733870

If SIM unlocking is your concern, I suggest you to buy it unlocked (yeah i know the price is higher).

For the time being there is no provider offering SIM Unlock for Sprint. Believe me, since I have a SPRINT standard M8 device which i cant SIM unlock for the moment.
Thank you for the information..I'm an htc lover...i can buy it factory unlocked in about the same price...but i want that version...i really liked the color combination and what h/k addition offers...i know that i can port the h/k software to another m8 but i like the whole package...it's unique....i live in Greece....bought my friend some months ago an already sim unlocked sprint htc one m7 and it's working fine..So to sum up..if i got it...it's not 100% that i would be able to sim unlock it..... Also i saw on the gsmarena on the lte frequencies sprint version support LTE 800 / 1900 / 2600 my carrier lte frequencies are 1800 MHz, 2600 MHz...... so i should be able to have lte at 2600MHz?
Devices:
HTC Diamond
HTC Sensation XE With Beats Audio
HTC ONE X White 32GB
HTC Rezound With Beats Audio
HTC ONE X+ 64GB
Now Using: HTC DROID DNA
HTC ONE Glamour Red

blackice666
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djmk4 View Post
Thank you for the information..I'm an htc lover...i can buy it factory unlocked in about the same price...but i want that version...i really liked the color combination and what h/k addition offers...i know that i can port the h/k software to another m8 but i like the whole package...it's unique....i live in Greece....bought my friend some months ago an already sim unlocked sprint htc one m7 and it's working fine..So to sum up..if i got it...it's not 100% that i would be able to sim unlock it..... Also i saw on the gsmarena on the lte frequencies sprint version support LTE 800 / 1900 / 2600 my carrier lte frequencies are 1800 MHz, 2600 MHz...... so i should be able to have lte at 2600MHz?
Im not quite sure if the LTE will work flawlessly since usually the antenna is optimized for the specific carrier. Sorry i am not sure about it...

Zeeking
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackice666 View Post
Im not quite sure if the LTE will work flawlessly since usually the antenna is optimized for the specific carrier. Sorry i am not sure about it...
Hi.
I have the same mobile and I'm trying to unlock he SIM but I couldn't. Any ideas?

Vcek
Old
(Last edited by Vcek; 27th July 2014 at 12:21 AM.)
Thanks Meter 247

DONATE TO ME
Edit : never mind

Reuters
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default What have you tried so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeking View Post
Hi.
I have the same mobile and I'm trying to unlock he SIM but I couldn't. Any ideas?
Have you succesfully rooted your phone?
Are you s-off?

Zeeking
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuters View Post
Have you succesfully rooted your phone?
Are you s-off?
The mobile is rooted, unlocked and S-Off.
I want to be able to install any room other than sprint, in order to use it globally.

Reuters
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default The rom dont simunlock your phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeking View Post
The mobile is rooted, unlocked and S-Off.
I want to be able to install any room other than sprint, in order to use it globally.
This link will give you a guide to unlock your phone, changing Rom will not help.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2718150

If that dont work:
as member maethem wrote on page 4 in the above thread (he deserves a thank you), this is what worked for me:
Try the following on you responsibility
- You should know your SPC, you can read it with CDMA Workshop or CDMA DFS Tool.
- Install QSPT (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2263391)
- enable diag mode ##3424#
- open QPST configuration, from port tab add your device diagnostics port.
- from start clients tab choose service programming then ok & click on read from phone.
- on system tab choose automatic for roam preferences.
- on UMTS System tab choose any for pref service domain & any band (last bottom right) for proffered band.
- click write to phone, then your device should work on GSM mode with modified HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk.
The Following User Says Thank You to Reuters For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Zeeking
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuters View Post
This link will give you a guide to unlock your phone, changing Rom will not help.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2718150

If that dont work:
as member maethem wrote on page 4 in the above thread (he deserves a thank you), this is what worked for me:
Try the following on you responsibility
- You should know your SPC, you can read it with CDMA Workshop or CDMA DFS Tool.
- Install QSPT (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2263391)
- enable diag mode ##3424#
- open QPST configuration, from port tab add your device diagnostics port.
- from start clients tab choose service programming then ok & click on read from phone.
- on system tab choose automatic for roam preferences.
- on UMTS System tab choose any for pref service domain & any band (last bottom right) for proffered band.
- click write to phone, then your device should work on GSM mode with modified HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk.
I will try it. Thanks. The link to Install QSPT is not working.