No registration required

[Q] HTC One Will Not Boot Charging LED Not Turning On

OP jluca98

26th April 2014, 06:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19

101 posts
More
Hello, I have a Sprint HTC One that I have been using for a little under a year. The phone was never dropped or exposed to any kind of water damage. A couple days ago the phone was over heating and the battery charge dropped from about 80% to 30% within minutes! I restarted the phone but it continued to keep over heating. I left the phone on for a few minutes and then powered it off so that it could cool off. I plugged in the charger and the charging light came on as usual. The charging animation also appeared on the screen like it always did. I left the phone to charge over night and in the morning the phone showed no signs of life. The charging LED will not turn on and the phone will not respond to any combination of buttons that I tried.

I can buy a new phone, that isnt the problem but I really want to get this phone repaired so that I can retrieve my files off of it. The problem is, can the HTC One even be repaired? Can I trust a phone repair shop to replace whatever part is broken without damaging the back cover because i have seen the IFIXIT teardown and the HTC One has a repairability rating of 1 out of 10. Is there any way that I can send it in to HTC or anything like that? Also, do you guys have any idea whats going on with the phone? Did the motherboard fry, or is the battery completely dead? And if the battery is dead, does that prevent the charging LED from lighting up?

I'm not worried about the cost, I just need the phone repaired asap. Thanks XDA.
26th April 2014, 06:34 PM   |  #2  
Flag Central Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,254

4,542 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluca98

Hello, I have a Sprint HTC One that I have been using for a little under a year. The phone was never dropped or exposed to any kind of water damage. A couple days ago the phone was over heating and the battery charge dropped from about 80% to 30% within minutes! I restarted the phone but it continued to keep over heating. I left the phone on for a few minutes and then powered it off so that it could cool off. I plugged in the charger and the charging light came on as usual. The charging animation also appeared on the screen like it always did. I left the phone to charge over night and in the morning the phone showed no signs of life. The charging LED will not turn on and the phone will not respond to any combination of buttons that I tried.

I can buy a new phone, that isnt the problem but I really want to get this phone repaired so that I can retrieve my files off of it. The problem is, can the HTC One even be repaired? Can I trust a phone repair shop to replace whatever part is broken without damaging the back cover because i have seen the IFIXIT teardown and the HTC One has a repairability rating of 1 out of 10. Is there any way that I can send it in to HTC or anything like that? Also, do you guys have any idea whats going on with the phone? Did the motherboard fry, or is the battery completely dead? And if the battery is dead, does that prevent the charging LED from lighting up?

I'm not worried about the cost, I just need the phone repaired asap. Thanks XDA.

HTC has the tools to repair it ..but theirs no guarantee your phone will not get erased/reset in the process

Did you try power + vol up + vol down for 2min ?
26th April 2014, 09:55 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

101 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA

HTC has the tools to repair it ..but theirs no guarantee your phone will not get erased/reset in the process

Did you try power + vol up + vol down for 2min ?

I did try power + vol up + vol down for 2min to no avail. I guess i will have to send it to HTC and hope for the best. Thanks for the quick response.
14th May 2014, 10:57 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 10

105 posts
More
hey! did you find a solution for this problem. I have same problem with my HTC one sprint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluca98

15th May 2014, 09:15 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

101 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aashishbhargav

hey! did you find a solution for this problem. I have same problem with my HTC one sprint.

Yeah the solution is to send it to HTC and they'll repair it for you.

Sent from my Optimus G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bricked, broken, dead
Previous Thread Next Thread