Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,641 Members 44,108 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC One Will Not Boot Charging LED Not Turning On

Tip us?

jluca98
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default [Q] HTC One Will Not Boot Charging LED Not Turning On

Hello, I have a Sprint HTC One that I have been using for a little under a year. The phone was never dropped or exposed to any kind of water damage. A couple days ago the phone was over heating and the battery charge dropped from about 80% to 30% within minutes! I restarted the phone but it continued to keep over heating. I left the phone on for a few minutes and then powered it off so that it could cool off. I plugged in the charger and the charging light came on as usual. The charging animation also appeared on the screen like it always did. I left the phone to charge over night and in the morning the phone showed no signs of life. The charging LED will not turn on and the phone will not respond to any combination of buttons that I tried.

I can buy a new phone, that isnt the problem but I really want to get this phone repaired so that I can retrieve my files off of it. The problem is, can the HTC One even be repaired? Can I trust a phone repair shop to replace whatever part is broken without damaging the back cover because i have seen the IFIXIT teardown and the HTC One has a repairability rating of 1 out of 10. Is there any way that I can send it in to HTC or anything like that? Also, do you guys have any idea whats going on with the phone? Did the motherboard fry, or is the battery completely dead? And if the battery is dead, does that prevent the charging LED from lighting up?

I'm not worried about the cost, I just need the phone repaired asap. Thanks XDA.
Phones
ATT iPhone 4 - SOLD
Sprint iPhone 4 - SOLD
Spint HTC Evo 4g LTE - SOLD
Verizon HTC Droid DNA - SOLD
Sprint LG Optimus G - SOLD

Sprint HTC One - Currently Using

clsA
Old
Thanks Meter 964

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluca98 View Post
Hello, I have a Sprint HTC One that I have been using for a little under a year. The phone was never dropped or exposed to any kind of water damage. A couple days ago the phone was over heating and the battery charge dropped from about 80% to 30% within minutes! I restarted the phone but it continued to keep over heating. I left the phone on for a few minutes and then powered it off so that it could cool off. I plugged in the charger and the charging light came on as usual. The charging animation also appeared on the screen like it always did. I left the phone to charge over night and in the morning the phone showed no signs of life. The charging LED will not turn on and the phone will not respond to any combination of buttons that I tried.

I can buy a new phone, that isnt the problem but I really want to get this phone repaired so that I can retrieve my files off of it. The problem is, can the HTC One even be repaired? Can I trust a phone repair shop to replace whatever part is broken without damaging the back cover because i have seen the IFIXIT teardown and the HTC One has a repairability rating of 1 out of 10. Is there any way that I can send it in to HTC or anything like that? Also, do you guys have any idea whats going on with the phone? Did the motherboard fry, or is the battery completely dead? And if the battery is dead, does that prevent the charging LED from lighting up?

I'm not worried about the cost, I just need the phone repaired asap. Thanks XDA.
HTC has the tools to repair it ..but theirs no guarantee your phone will not get erased/reset in the process

Did you try power + vol up + vol down for 2min ?
HTC One 32 GB AT&T

jluca98
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA View Post
HTC has the tools to repair it ..but theirs no guarantee your phone will not get erased/reset in the process

Did you try power + vol up + vol down for 2min ?
I did try power + vol up + vol down for 2min to no avail. I guess i will have to send it to HTC and hope for the best. Thanks for the quick response.
Phones
ATT iPhone 4 - SOLD
Sprint iPhone 4 - SOLD

aashishbhargav
Old
Thanks Meter 10
hey! did you find a solution for this problem. I have same problem with my HTC one sprint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluca98 View Post

jluca98
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by aashishbhargav View Post
hey! did you find a solution for this problem. I have same problem with my HTC one sprint.
Yeah the solution is to send it to HTC and they'll repair it for you.

Sent from my Optimus G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Phones
ATT iPhone 4 - SOLD
Sprint iPhone 4 - SOLD

Tags
bricked, broken, dead