Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,783,010 Members 44,658 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How do I stop ota?

Tip us?

brandonhatty
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 111
Default How do I stop ota?

I've seen people mention in the past that you can freeze or rename a system app to prevent the ota checks. Anybody know how How on this device?

Sent from my LG-D950 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to brandonhatty For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bbobarino
Old
Thanks Meter 230
I downloaded the ota so i could pull the zip and now i have the icon in my status and on my pull down that says touch to install, im super scared to touch it by accident and i would love to no how to get rid of it also??

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk
MAIN DEVICES M919 GALAXY S 4/LG D959 G FLEX/NEXUS 7 2ND GEN

kintwofan
Old
Thanks Meter 2,843

DONATE TO ME
Freezing update center should handle it

bbobarino
Old
Thanks Meter 230
Ya i tried that right away after downloading the ota that icon is jus sitting in my status bar and my pull down

cigarfan
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonhatty View Post
I've seen people mention in the past that you can freeze or rename a system app to prevent the ota checks. Anybody know how How on this device?

Sent from my LG-D950 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Try this...
go to settings, then Apps then scroll to the right to ALL and scroll down to Google Services Framework..click disable then uncheck the notifications box..that's it. Try that.
...Brother of the Leaf...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cigarfan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bbobarino
Old
Thanks Meter 230
Its haunting me does any 1 know if it prompts u again after the touch to install? So nervous that if i accidentally touch it that fllash the kitkat

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarfan View Post
Try this...
go to settings, then Apps then scroll to the right to ALL and scroll down to Google Services Framework..click disable then uncheck the notifications box..that's it. Try that.
Trying that now

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

Ya buddy im free lol that worked perfect thank u

brandonhatty
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 111
I tried several things last night to stop it. Went to bed last night and woke up with kitkat! Damnit! I know I can flash back and I know it's a minor thing but It takes at least an hour to backup and then get my phone back just the way I like it. I hate not having sd card. I will never buy another phone without one! Restoring a phone used to be so much easier.

mattwheat
Old
Thanks Meter 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbobarino View Post
Ya i tried that right away after downloading the ota that icon is jus sitting in my status bar and my pull down

If you're rooted and have customer recovery installed the OTA shouldn't install. It should fail and abort right after starting. Due to root and recovery. So I don't think there is anything to worry about. Unless you're completely stock out of the box. I know every time I've downloaded the update on a GS4 or RAZR maxx and tried to install it wouldn't. It just failed saying it couldn't find recovery or certain APks. And reboot back to the way I was.

Sent from my LG-D959 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to mattwheat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SayWhat10
Old
Thanks Meter 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarfan View Post
Try this...
Why click disable though? Just the notifications box did it for me