Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,083 Members 50,982 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] no ASF, any problem?

Tip us?
 
infra4800
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 88
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Brisbane
Default [Q] no ASF, any problem?

bought a used Z1 and later noticed that there is no ASF, wondering if I should care to find OEM ASF or use screen protector or use as it is?
Sony Xperia Z1
 
Jiyeon90
Old
#2  
Jiyeon90's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 141
Posts: 597
Join Date: Nov 2012
You can get a screen protector if you don't want any scratches on the screen

Sent from my Xperia Z1
 
Sophia Zhao
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 21
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by infra4800 View Post
bought a used Z1 and later noticed that there is no ASF, wondering if I should care to find OEM ASF or use screen protector or use as it is?
So if you don't mind your screen with no Sony logo(ASF comes with that logo), you can choose a screen protector, better is the glass screen protector. Using a naked phone, the big problem is the dust or fingerprint on the screen which is really annoying. While you also can find an OEM ASF on witrigs.com(they do well on Sony accessories especially the ASF and cover flaps.) if you want.
It depends on your choice.
 
infra4800
Old
#4  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 88
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Brisbane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia Zhao View Post
So if you don't mind your screen with no Sony logo(ASF comes with that logo), you can choose a screen protector, better is the glass screen protector. Using a naked phone, the big problem is the dust or fingerprint on the screen which is really annoying. While you also can find an OEM ASF on witrigs.com(they do well on Sony accessories especially the ASF and cover flaps.) if you want.
It depends on your choice.
thanks.

q - why people ten to remove ASF ? does it effects the touch responsiveness?
Sony Xperia Z1
 
Sophia Zhao
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 21
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by infra4800 View Post
thanks.

q - why people ten to remove ASF ? does it effects the touch responsiveness?
No, just because it's not anti-scratched. So after it's worn and scratched, the display will look old and ugly even effect the view.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes