Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,165 Members 38,206 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Tegra Overclock App Problem/Questions

Tip us?

Unbenannt0412
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Tegra Overclock App Problem/Questions

Hello,

I installed 'Tegra Overclock' (paid version from google play) yesterday on my HOX. After setting the governor to 'interactive', my phone began to lag like hell and CPU suddenly went to over 70 C within 10 seconds. Luckily everything works again like before because I've powered my phone off & on.

Is that normal? Can someone provide me a explanation or some proper settings for gaming? I just need settings for demanding games such as Real Racing 3, everything else I'd leave stock anyway. (switching via profiles in the tegra overclock app from gaming to stock I mean)

lukes91
Old
Thanks Meter 1,025

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbenannt0412 View Post
Hello,

I installed 'Tegra Overclock' (paid version from google play) yesterday on my HOX. After setting the governor to 'interactive', my phone began to lag like hell and CPU suddenly went to over 70 C within 10 seconds. Luckily everything works again like before because I've powered my phone off & on.

Is that normal? Can someone provide me a explanation or some proper settings for gaming? I just need settings for demanding games such as Real Racing 3, everything else I'd leave stock anyway. (switching via profiles in the tegra overclock app from gaming to stock I mean)
first: which kernel are you using?
second: i use interactive/deadline, but if you eperience issues try other combinations... for example ondemand/noop...
HTC One M8 - HBOOT 3.18 S-OFF - TWRP 2.7.1.0 - ViperOneM8 - ElementalX - H/K - V4A
HTC One X - HBoot 1.39 - Philz 5.15.9 - ViperX 4.1.1

Did I help you? Hit THANKS

Unbenannt0412
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukes91 View Post
first: which kernel are you using?
second: i use interactive/deadline, but if you eperience issues try other combinations... for example ondemand/noop...
Sorry, I'm using the stock kernel. (the one that comes with ARHD 33.1)

lukes91
Old
Thanks Meter 1,025

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbenannt0412 View Post
Sorry, I'm using the stock kernel. (the one that comes with ARHD 33.1)
try another kernel and check if you have the same issues
if you do, you should try another governor/scheduler setting, otherwise you are fine
HTC One M8 - HBOOT 3.18 S-OFF - TWRP 2.7.1.0 - ViperOneM8 - ElementalX - H/K - V4A
HTC One X - HBoot 1.39 - Philz 5.15.9 - ViperX 4.1.1

Did I help you? Hit THANKS