Originally Posted by Joku1981
The normal is that u flash the ROM at the country of ur phone. No of ur country. You have remains of older firmwares there. Is normal that ur phone will be crazy.
1. Make a backup of ur Internal Memory
2. Make a factory reset (Settings > Accounts > Back Up and Reset > Factory Data Reset > Reset Device > Delete All/Erase Everything.)
3. Conect it to Kies 3
4. Kies 3 will give u the info you need for know ur correct CSC. This will be btw parenthesis close CSC.
5. Knowing ur CSC, take a look for this firmware in Sammobile.com
6. Download and flash it with ODIN (Dont flash a "Black EDITION" if ur phone isnt it)
7. Dial *#1234# again and take a look if u have the same what Sammobile was telling you. If not, flash again the firmware. (Example in pic attached)
It worked. Up to a point.
I have installed the official firmware and it looked like it was supposed to.
But, as I installed the custom ROM, both CP and CSC file have been modified/changed. So incompatibility still there.
if I go in the service menu with *#2263#, if I chose 3G, there is no connection to the network (strange, as I am in the middle of the city, bu tnot unusual). but if I connect to LTE, i cannot make calls anymore. If I choose the mix 3G/LTE, once the LTE signal is lost, it gets back very slow, even if I am back in a zone where there definitely is signal. Basically, if I am on the stairs ro underground parking, lte is lost, 2g is on, and I don't get back lte once I am in the office (or on the street). i MIGHT get it when I change cells....but not a rule.