Worse and worse modems?

8th May 2014, 10:48 AM   |  #1  
Hi guys,
I was wondering if you encounter the same problems like I do.
Long story short(er):
I own a I9505, with an LTE contract. Over time, and especially once moving to KK, the stability of LTE connection got worse and worse. And there are two problems: instead LTE I have EDGE or worse connection most of the time (the area where I work should have very good network coverage) AND even if appears as connected, internet is not working.
I have tried several (the most important ROMs), the problem is the same. I have tried with the recommended modems (at the moment of install). Finally, I have even switched back to the original ROM for my country. I can say that this was the worse experience of all, basically could not connect to LTE.
So, anyone encountered the same issues?
8th May 2014, 05:10 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 556

1,807 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by okty2k

Hi guys,
Long story short(er):
I own a I9505, with an LTE contract. Over time, and especially once moving to KK, the stability of LTE connection got worse and worse. And there are two problems: instead LTE I have EDGE or worse connection most of the time (the area where I work should have very good network coverage) AND even if appears as connected, internet is not working.
I have tried several (the most important ROMs), the problem is the same. I have tried with the recommended modems (at the moment of install). Finally, I have even switched back to the original ROM for my country. I can say that this was the worse experience of all, basically could not connect to LTE.

Dial *#1234# and paste here what appears
9th May 2014, 03:50 AM   |  #3  
Flag Wellington
Thanks Meter: 779

1,839 posts
More
Quote:

Hi guys,
Long story short(er):

I feel the same.
I recently flashed the NZ stock firmware via Odin and the NC6 modem that comes with it is terrible!!
I now regularly lose signal and data.
9th May 2014, 09:00 AM   |  #4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joku1981

Dial *#1234# and paste here what appears

AP: FNC9
CP: FNC4
CSC: FNC1

As a mention, this is due to the fact that before the current custom ROM I have installed the official firmware for my country.
9th May 2014, 09:22 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 556

1,807 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

AP: FNC9
CP: FNC4
CSC: FNC1

As a mention, this is due to the fact that before the current custom ROM I have installed the official firmware for my country.

The normal is that u flash the ROM at the country of ur phone. No of ur country. You have remains of older firmwares there. Is normal that ur phone will be crazy.

1. Make a backup of ur Internal Memory
2. Make a factory reset (Settings > Accounts > Back Up and Reset > Factory Data Reset > Reset Device > Delete All/Erase Everything.)
3. Conect it to Kies 3
4. Kies 3 will give u the info you need for know ur correct CSC. This will be btw parenthesis close CSC.
5. Knowing ur CSC, take a look for this firmware in Sammobile.com
6. Download and flash it with ODIN (Dont flash a "Black EDITION" if ur phone isnt it)
7. Dial *#1234# again and take a look if u have the same what Sammobile was telling you. If not, flash again the firmware. (Example in pic attached)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sin título-2.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	2733910  
Last edited by Joku1981; 9th May 2014 at 09:25 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Joku1981 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th May 2014, 09:51 AM   |  #6  
Quote:

The normal is that u flash the ROM at the country of ur phone. No of ur country. You have remains of older firmwares there. Is normal that ur phone will be crazy.

2. Make a factory reset (Settings > Accounts > Back Up and Reset > Factory Data Reset > Reset Device > Delete All/Erase Everything.)
3. Conect it to Kies 3
4. Kies 3 will give u the info you need for know ur correct CSC. This will be btw parenthesis close CSC.
6. Download and flash it with ODIN (Dont flash a "Black EDITION" if ur phone isnt it)
7. Dial *#1234# again and take a look if u have the same what Sammobile was telling you. If not, flash again the firmware. (Example in pic attached)

Thanks!
Will try that once I get home. As I knew that Black and normal edition only differ on the look... the official one that I flashed was indeed the Black.
All you say makes perfectly sense...
15th May 2014, 11:09 AM   |  #7  
Quote:

3. Conect it to Kies 3

It worked. Up to a point.
I have installed the official firmware and it looked like it was supposed to.
But, as I installed the custom ROM, both CP and CSC file have been modified/changed. So incompatibility still there.

More findings:
if I go in the service menu with *#2263#, if I chose 3G, there is no connection to the network (strange, as I am in the middle of the city, bu tnot unusual). but if I connect to LTE, i cannot make calls anymore. If I choose the mix 3G/LTE, once the LTE signal is lost, it gets back very slow, even if I am back in a zone where there definitely is signal. Basically, if I am on the stairs ro underground parking, lte is lost, 2g is on, and I don't get back lte once I am in the office (or on the street). i MIGHT get it when I change cells....but not a rule.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Galaxy S 4 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank