Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,126 Members 42,532 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is my Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate SCH-i500 fried? Weird challenging sad issue :(

Tip us?

dnuuk
Old
(Last edited by dnuuk; 15th May 2014 at 10:28 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Is my Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate SCH-i500 fried? Weird challenging sad issue :(

Hey there y'all!

I have a messy situation right here, looked for answers all around and coulndn't get a clue anywhere... so I'll try to explain in the clearest way possible my weird issue... (sorry for my English, will try my best to be rightfully understood)

Six days ago, I got this cute Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate SCH-i500, my cousin sent it over from the States down here to Mayan lands of Mexico... I had ZERO knowledge on Android, and in these past six days (including it's sleepless nights, and mostly thanks to this amazing forum with tons of useful resources and really helpful, cooperative people) I just learnt a WHOLE LOT about the marvels of Android devices...

First, I started rooting my SCH-i500 succesfully (yay!), then came the attempt of activation with the only local CDMA Carrier (Iusacell) and the equipment's "Homologation" (that's the term they use here for the programming cellular hospitals and workshops have to do to one's device in order to function properly with the carrier's infrastructure, no need to say this is something a little bit dumb, I consider the carrier should help their customers, specially the new ones, to set-up their data plans... I found out about carriers like Cricket who even help you with a flashing tool, if I'm not misunderstanding, to get your cellphone working with them), well, voice activation was pretty neat, 5 minutes and I had a line... be it a MDN, a MIN and the correct HomeSID for my area, and then came the "hard" part for the newbie... After trying to and succesfully figuring out how to use QPST, and hours of desperate search for faulty info on latinamerica carriers to dump to my Fascinate, I did it, for some reason I changed my ROM to "powerwashed_20_b3_Full_ec09modem.tar" and began working with it, it wasn't until today that I got 1X connection with my carrier, it was awfully slow!! managed my way to get 3G, and I DID! But it was still clumsy, only green arrow sending a lot of data and no orange incoming data to my device... which was desperating because the carrier said "they don't guarantee the phone is going to work being from another country, but I had to try and pay for a pre-paid data plan in order to make my tests... well, I knew something was not going well with the data I was using to fill the required fields in QPST... went back to my stock VZW ROM and went over and over the process of reprogramming my phone's service... I found out that VZW settings were somehow stuck to the phone, and no matter how many times I entered the info, it wasn't changing to my carriers info, I used first QPST 2.7 build 323 to fill up what was needed, uninstalled and then switched to build 215 (as I read around here) in order to get the PPP settings to stick to the device and override the Verizon old settings... and then was the nasty "nightmare-ish" moment I could never foresee... QPST threw a pop-up window marking an error, saying I was using the wrong SPC, and that I needed it for writing the QPST info to the device, THE SPC CHANGED!!! It just pops me out (in QPST as well as in the ##DATA# or anywhere in the phone) the sign: "INVALID LOCK CODE". Is that even possible? So sorry for being ignorant, but couldn't find an answer that could really solve the problem... yes, I tried CDMA Workshop with no luck at all... my cellphone actually lost contact with the carrier and had to go to the PowerWashed custom mentioned above (Im still in the network, but can't do any significant change without the SPC code)... so, any kind suggestions?? any expert around looking for helping a fast-learning noobster like me? :P

Hope there's something silly I'm missing because of ignorance or something like that (nothing "deadly" for the device)
Thanks a lot in advance for taking the kind time to read my long query, and for any help your knowledge may allow me to get out of the unpleasant issue

Have a great day!

dnuuk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default My bad! I'm sorry...

Just 5 minutes ago I found this... https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...getmymsl&hl=es
and this as well... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2546659

Won't delete it, perhaps someone will suffer from the same someday (I just hope they're not as half as desperate to get their devices working properly, lol!) Sorry!

dnuuk
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Still...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnuuk View Post
it wasn't until today that I got 1X connection with my carrier, it was awfully slow!! managed my way to get 3G, and I DID! But it was still clumsy, only green arrow sending a lot of data and no orange incoming data to my device...
Still, any help on this Issue could help me a lot though, thanks a zillion!