Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,554 Members 36,224 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Running Hot

Tip us?

xxlap1xx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Running Hot

My Find 7a runs extremely warm when playing games such as candy crush, angry birds space etc, which is causing the battery to drain quickly. Is this normal for phones with such specs or is there something wrong with my device?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

ZenithHammerhead
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxlap1xx View Post
My Find 7a runs extremely warm when playing games such as candy crush, angry birds space etc, which is causing the battery to drain quickly. Is this normal for phones with such specs or is there something wrong with my device?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks
I would say that this is normal. I played Godzilla; Strike Zone yesterday, which was more or less the first time I ever gamed on the device after having it for a couple weeks...and I was amazed at how warm it got. As far as I can tell, the device running hot is normal. Could be fixed with some better management in a kernel down the line, but for now, I don't think there's much we can do
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZenithHammerhead For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xxlap1xx
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I see, looking forward for the next update then!

Pick_A_Name
Old
Thanks Meter 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxlap1xx View Post
I see, looking forward for the next update then!
I wouldn't expect it to see much of a change during gaming and other intense usages. That's just the nature of CPU's. They give off heat as a byproduct of use. The more intense the use the more heat.

Sent from my X9006 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Oppo Find 7a...Sweet!!
Need Dropbox? Get it here!

Chevyguy85
Old
Thanks Meter 206
I've seen temps of 106 F on my phone according to the Battery Monitor Widget app