Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,869 Members 39,346 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

PC USB very slow to charge

Tip us?

soumen.sam
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default PC USB very slow to charge

Hi there,

My Note 3 N9000 takes over 2 hours with the charger adapter to full charge and Iíve to leave the phone at particular few places in my home as the cable is shorter and I canít charge the phone at every power socket.

But I spent maximum time at my desk in front of my desktop PC but I see the PC USB takes long time to charge the phone. My PC USB is 2.0 and same with the Laptop. Is there any way to charge with the PC USB faster like the charger adapter?

I see in charger adapter its shows 5v 2amp, isnít the USB capable same amp? Please advice. Thanks

buell47
Old
Thanks Meter 45
No way.

USB 2.0 is up to 450mAh.
USB 3.0 is more, not sure, around 900mAh, but the Note 3 switch automatically after 10 Minutes from USB 3.0 back to USB 2.0.

So it's no way to charge faster with USB from PC or Laptop....

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

xclub_101
Old
Thanks Meter 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by soumen.sam View Post
Hi there,

My Note 3 N9000 takes over 2 hours with the charger adapter to full charge and Iíve to leave the phone at particular few places in my home as the cable is shorter and I canít charge the phone at every power socket.

But I spent maximum time at my desk in front of my desktop PC but I see the PC USB takes long time to charge the phone. My PC USB is 2.0 and same with the Laptop. Is there any way to charge with the PC USB faster like the charger adapter?

I see in charger adapter its shows 5v 2amp, isnít the USB capable same amp? Please advice. Thanks

The charging current (which you can check with Galaxy Chargin Current / Galaxy Chargin Current Lite) is around 450 mA over PC-USB (or unknown chargers without problems or good chargers + unknown cables) and up to 1800 mA with original charger over the original cable. If you divide 3100 by 1400 (which is average on original set since the charging algorithm tries to minimize heating) you get slightly over 2 hours, but when you divide 3100 by 450 you get over 6 hours on "classic" USB.

That being said I always favor the slowest charge (and I charge at 450mA over night) - the cooler the battery stays the more cycles it will survive.
N9005 Universal Root De La Vega / Mobile Odin Pro, Knox 0x0, MJ7

soumen.sam
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Thank you all for your reply. Yes after the post I google it and found these information, that its not possible. Sorry for the post. Thanks again.