Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,110 Members 39,832 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

X-ray of batteries

Tip us?

larscn
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default X-ray of batteries

My experience is that the cheap e-bay batteries just makes the phone unstable. The 2450mAh gold battery works fine. However, here is an x-ray of the three different batteries. Looks like there is a little difference in the circuits. Even though it doesn't say much, I think it's interesting, but then again I'm a bit of a nerd....

--
ASUS tf300t CM11 - Samsung SIII mini CM11 - MiniX X7 stock
Here's how to change your ASUS tf300t digitizer:
Read before DIY repairs on Asus TF300T
The Following User Says Thank You to larscn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Aronuser
Old
Thanks Meter 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by larscn View Post
My experience is that the cheap e-bay batteries just makes the phone unstable. The 2450mAh gold battery works fine. However, here is an x-ray of the three different batteries. Looks like there is a little difference in the circuits. Even though it doesn't say much, I think it's interesting, but then again I'm a bit of a nerd....

Since the Gold battery got more Mah it would last longer, right?

Does it really last much longer? How much?
Please click the thanks button under my post if you considered my post useful! Thank you.

If you like to become a friend of me to discuss the S4 mini I9195, feel free to contact me!

honeyx
Old
Thanks Meter 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aronuser View Post
Since the Gold battery got more Mah it would last longer, right?

Does it really last much longer? How much?
The gold batteries are just labeled as having a larger capacity but in general they have less than samsung batteries. Im having here some of them around and would say they are about the half of what they are labeled to be. So not really a good choice exept you get them really cheap (5 each) like I did.
The Following User Says Thank You to honeyx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gen_scheisskopf
Old
Thanks Meter 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by larscn View Post
Even though it doesn't say much, I think it's interesting, but then again I'm a bit of a nerd....
AFAIK Samsung batteries are "bumb" ones- there's only overcharge protection circuit (even for high-end models) and NFC antenna for "N" model.
Some older models (like i5700) had also resistor to distinguish original batteries from knock-offs (if resistor was missing or had incorrect value bootloader didn't charge the battery at all).
I'd say there's not much to investigate
Code:
setprop persist.world.domination 1
Twitter

brooker88
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen_scheisskopf View Post
AFAIK Samsung batteries are "bumb" ones- there's only overcharge protection circuit (even for high-end models) and NFC antenna for "N" model.
Some older models (like i5700) had also resistor to distinguish original batteries from knock-offs (if resistor was missing or had incorrect value bootloader didn't charge the battery at all).
I'd say there's not much to investigate

Do other type of larger batterys like the gold one have overcharge protection? if i bought a unoffical battery whats the % chance of it blowing up?