Ask a question

No registration required

X-ray of batteries

OP larscn

6th May 2014, 01:30 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

66 posts
My experience is that the cheap e-bay batteries just makes the phone unstable. The 2450mAh gold battery works fine. However, here is an x-ray of the three different batteries. Looks like there is a little difference in the circuits. Even though it doesn't say much, I think it's interesting, but then again I'm a bit of a nerd....

The Following User Says Thank You to larscn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th May 2014, 02:17 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 241

651 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by larscn

My experience is that the cheap e-bay batteries just makes the phone unstable. The 2450mAh gold battery works fine. However, here is an x-ray of the three different batteries. Looks like there is a little difference in the circuits. Even though it doesn't say much, I think it's interesting, but then again I'm a bit of a nerd....

Since the Gold battery got more Mah it would last longer, right?

Does it really last much longer? How much?
6th May 2014, 03:54 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 916

1,003 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aronuser

Since the Gold battery got more Mah it would last longer, right?

Does it really last much longer? How much?

The gold batteries are just labeled as having a larger capacity but in general they have less than samsung batteries. Im having here some of them around and would say they are about the half of what they are labeled to be. So not really a good choice exept you get them really cheap (5 each) like I did.
The Following User Says Thank You to honeyx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th May 2014, 04:01 PM   |  #4  
Flag Poznań
Thanks Meter: 245

1,087 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by larscn

Even though it doesn't say much, I think it's interesting, but then again I'm a bit of a nerd....

AFAIK Samsung batteries are "bumb" ones- there's only overcharge protection circuit (even for high-end models) and NFC antenna for "N" model.
Some older models (like i5700) had also resistor to distinguish original batteries from knock-offs (if resistor was missing or had incorrect value bootloader didn't charge the battery at all).
I'd say there's not much to investigate
15th May 2014, 03:33 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 23

152 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen_scheisskopf

AFAIK Samsung batteries are "bumb" ones- there's only overcharge protection circuit (even for high-end models) and NFC antenna for "N" model.
Some older models (like i5700) had also resistor to distinguish original batteries from knock-offs (if resistor was missing or had incorrect value bootloader didn't charge the battery at all).
I'd say there's not much to investigate

Do other type of larger batterys like the gold one have overcharge protection? if i bought a unoffical battery whats the % chance of it blowing up?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread